[Suggestion] Stronger Voters Items for After 300 Days

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by AdinD, Feb 22, 2017.

1. And also it was mentioned that one of the voucher may be added to vote rewards. It might have been max res one, but either way would be a nice reward for such dedication.
    kaptrix likes this.
  2. ThaKloned likes this.
  3. Max res voucher was never meant to be able to be purchased.

They were always for high end voters rewards
    ThaKloned likes this.
  4. AhsokaTower likes this.
  5. i don't think they would give derelict vouchers away as vote bonus
    but like said above the max res vouchers would be a great vote bonus
    TuckerAmbr and AhsokaTower like this.
  6. With Mending and a reliable source of experience, Soulbound is the only attraction left to voting equipment except for knowing you are helping EMC. You can only lose a piece (and have it replaced)once. Limited use for Stable Vouchers. Only use for Tokens is extravagantly priced. Any idea anyone can come up with for a new item is thrown out as "OP". One of the Voting sites hasn't worked for months. I am not exactly fickle. I've been hovering just over 700 votes for over a month and find myself struggling to care sufficiently to go much farther.
  7. This is the usual response to most thing. Nothing else, just 'it's OP'. Minecraft is the furthest thing from anything OP.
    Pab10S likes this.
  8. Voters Shield needs to be added.
    ChumMiner, AhsokaTower and ShelLuser like this.
  9. hm... I'm gonna give this a +.5 -- Good idea, but has the potential to become a runaway scheme.
  10. I don't do video's but I have killed or sometimes help kill bosses like Momentus on difficulty 8 or 9. So far I always encounter nether hounds on difficulty 6 and yeah, I don't always survive but... I've also had plenty of good runs thanks to bow/arrow and sword/shield usage (and sometimes plain out fleeing or digging up lava holes) :)
  11. I too remember there being a comment about additional residences being obtained with voting as part of the upgrade to a max of 6 residences. I also like the Voter's Shield idea as that would be an easy non-OP item that could even be customized with an Empire Banner on it.

Another item I have always thought would be neat prior to the onset of Shulker boxes was a Voter's Ender Chest where it could be used similarly to the Labor Bench without having to use a silk touch to pick it up. I also thought it would be cool to have an Ender DC. I know these do not exist, but I don't think it is beyond the creativity of the developer's here. Just the idea that an Ender Chest could be soul bound would be awesome though.

Voter's Bed? Also along the lines of the Labor Bench, where you could simply place the bed and it sets your location but it is not really set down. Also to be unbreakable and soul bound would come in handy when exploring the far reaches of the wild.

Voter's Furnace? Cooks items with only half the fuel? Maybe could also be a place and go item.

Flint & Steel? I rarely need one of these, but it would be cool to just have one that was unbreakable and soul bound.

Compass? Clock? Minecart? Boat? Barding? Saddle? Lead?

There are many items that they could tweak a bit and make Empire special that do not infringe upon the current status of the game and would not adversely impact the economy. I am not suggesting all of these to insist they hurry up and make new items, but rather to join the conversation of the potential things they are cooking up :)

I have full confidence the Empire development team are doing what they can to bring us new stuff on the horizon. I am eager to see the "Empires" update, and feel that at that time they will begin to roll out additional "perks" if you will, to those who want to go to the next level. I also remember reading about some such stuff being implemented within the Dragon Tombs Updates as he wants to really ramp up the ability to obtain tokens and then have items to use those tokens for. I said all of that to simply point out that they are balancing a lot more than just dropping out more nifty items for voter's rewards because they have a much grander plan in motion that may offer some of what you hope would be a voter's reward.

I do agree with Shell in general though, the voter's armor does provide good basic protection and if it is not enough on level 5+ you can always take the difficulty down a bit. I usually stay on 1 as I don't care to fight mobs, I would rather build in the wild and have often wished there was a level 0 so I could build in peace without incurring a thunk of an arrow in the back of my helmet. Maybe when Empires comes out a token purchase could be a beacon or something that protects a radius of some distance from hostile mobs. Something like this could make for another nifty voter's version later on too :)

Overall good topic for discussion though. I enjoyed the time to ponder.

KnightZer0ne
    Tempered Outpost Founder
  12. That sounds OP.

Edit: the enderchest too.
  13. I don't know if it OP. No difference than carrying multiple beds as you travel. Simply having one that takes up less space. I mean it's all about how fast you can click the bed to survive the night.
    ThaKloned likes this.
  14. Note: The following is my personal opinion and is not reflective of EMC staff ideas nor plans. I only know as much about future voter's items as the rest of you do.

I agree that voter's items need to be added beyond vote bonus 300, and we have been told there are plans in place to do this. However, I do not believe that more voter's items beyond the 300 mark are honestly that important, since there is not much that could be added. I have seen some items mentioned in previous posts and threads that sound interesting and useful, but I think that we need to make a distinction here.

There is a difference between voter's reward items and promos. Promos are special items that we can occasionally obtain in-game that sometimes come with non-vanilla features or enchants. Voter's reward items are underpowered armor and tools that are both unbreakable and soulbound. These items are underpowered for that very reason: they never run out. Promos do not have the unbreakable enchant so that you can not use them forever, they have a limit.

If you look at most EMC unique items, they consistently have a weakness, or a drawback. Voter's items are unbreakable and soulbound - but they do not have the max enchants or are made out of the best material available (leather armor, for example).

Voter's items were designed as a convenience for everyday use, not to replace vanilla items. That is why the pickaxe does not have Efficiency V, or the armor is leather and has low enchant levels. They are useful where it counts though: the pickaxes have Fortune III, so you can use them for mining ores, and the leather armor boots do have Feather Falling IV to protect you from long falls.

No, these items were not designed for fighting a Momentus and killing the Ender Dragon. That was not their intention, and that should never be the intention for voting rewards. Use regular armor and tools to fight these mobs, or use promo items, because that is what those were designed for.

I believe that voter's armor should be left alone: we do not need any more of those. We already have two sets of tools, more of those are not necessary, in my opinion. However, items such as shields or flint and steels would make great voter's tools. These items are easy to get in vanilla, and the unbreakable/soulbound enchant would make them more convenient to use while not making them as powerful as a promo.

The main idea to keep in mind though: understand the difference between a voter's reward item and a promo. They are two different items, and we have to understand that we will never get "promos" as voter's rewards.
  15. I made the original suggestion for this and really hope it happens :D
  16. I do have to disagree with you so much on the fighting of mobs. All I use is my voter s gear. For one it's soulbound so if I die I'm ready to keep fighting once I respawn. No need to run to wear my weapons dropped at. Granted voters armor can only go so far. But if your not afraid to die a little to achieve the mob kill. Than I say there is no better armor/weaponry for the task.
    JDHallows, ShelLuser and Pab10S like this.
  17. Sorry JD, I also have to seriously disagree with you. For starters: if these items were merely a convenience then why does it take so much effort to obtain them? That doesn't add up for me ;)

And I too fought many bosses using only this gear. Yes, it may protect you less than god gear but it does protect you, and as AhsokaTower already mentioned up there: right from the moment you respawn too. The main mindset is that you have to accept that you're probably going to die. A lot. But you can compensate for that.

But despite all that: vanilla items is a too broad statement for me. I know I'm playing the devils advocate right now, but a regular iron or diamond pickaxe is also a vanilla item. And something tells me that a voters pick will be a lot better than those.

I think that you meant 'enchanted item' or maybe plain out 'god gear'. Because voters gear can most definitely replace a lot of vanilla items.

However... you did give me a great idea just now. I am working on the 'ultimate' comparison between voters gear & god gear. I might as well throw in vanilla (diamond) items into that equation as well, it could add up a bit.
    JDHallows and AhsokaTower like this.
  18. You are both correct, voter's rewards can be used to fight mobs. However, there is a point that both of you made in your posts: if you use voter's items to fight mobs, expect to die. While death is not that big of an issue, it is something that you have to consider and expect when fighting with voter's rewards.

This is actually something that is EMC specific though: in a single player world, death can set you back quite a bit. You lose experience levels and everything you had on you, unless you are able to find your death spot in time. Even then, some of your stuff may have been lost and you definitely will not regain all of your experience levels. On EMC, this is not an issue because not only are your voter's items soulbound, you don't lose your experience levels on death.

So, I believe this actually supports my point, that voter's rewards are given as a way to make your EMC life more convenient. In my opinion, this is the best reward for voting. Rather than giving you maxed out armor and tools that would remove any challenge from the game, these items add convenience to your experience on EMC, like many other EMC specific features do.

And Shel you were right, my use of the term "vanilla items" was too broad and was an error on my part. Rather, as you said, that statement should read: "Voter's items were designed as a convenience for everyday use, not to replace enchanted vanilla items, such as god armor and tools."

However, if you want to fight a mini-boss with the intention of not dying or to defeat it as quickly as possible: then voter's gear is not your best option. Especially if you plan on fighting at a higher difficulty level. But yeah, if you don't mind dying and spending a longer time fighting mobs, then voter's gear is a great asset.
    Zrugite, ShelLuser and AncientTower like this.
  19. I agree with JDHallows general sentiment that there really isn't a need for additional voters gear. If enough people acquired those types of things it could fundamentally change the nature of EMC which at heart is supposed to be a quasi-vanilla economy server. At present, new members can go through the normal enchanting process with regular armor and tools and still be more or less on par with respect to generic resource acquisition as everyone else. However, they would not be able to compete with maxed out, indestructible, soulbound equipment which in some cases already takes the better part of a year to acquire.

Instead of additional soulbound voters gear, what about adding other consumable items or valuable EMC promos/commodities? For example, every 100 days after receiving your final piece of voter's gear you get a half stack of enchanted golden apples or something of the sort. They're great to have since they are no longer craftable but still consumable and won't disrupt the economy. At your 500 day voting streak you get a special Krysyy head. At your 1000 day voting streak you get a special Aikar head. Something like this I think would keep people voting and be a viable alternative to more powerful versions of what we already have.
    AhsokaTower likes this.