[Suggestion] Stronger Voters Items for After 300 Days

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by AdinD, Feb 22, 2017.

1. I already have received all the voters items and although they are nice for traveling and building, they are very lackluster in the PVP/PVE setting. I find myself getting one shot by a creeper with a full set of voters armor on.

As someone who has promotional efficiency V/Unbreaking III-V/Fortune III-V soulbound picks and protection V/ special armor, I have ZERO reason to use my voters items besides going on suicide missions.

Maybe we could have something where you can earn up to protection 3 iron voters armor? Soulbound and unbreakable of-course.

I think adding these bonuses for between 300 and 450 voting streak would be beneficial. The items shouldn't be strong enough to replace promotional armor but should be strong enough for someone like me to consider using.
  2. I think this would be a good idea to encourage people and reward people when they vote!
    JognKid likes this.
  3. There's plans to add more voting bonus rewards, no one knows what they'll be yet, but there are plans as far as I know :)
  4. Source?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  5. JognKid, Sgt_Pepper4 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  6. JognKid and Equinox_Boss like this.
  7. +0 from me.

I'm not really in favor of more powerful tools to be honest, because I fear that it would become too OP. To be honest I really like the voters gear and I use it basically all time, including on those mining trips where I come across skeletons and creepers and whatever else is out there.

While it is true that regular dia or iron armor can withstand more abuse, it's also fair to say that the voters gear compensates for this with its unbreaking and soulbound features. And to be honest, I actually like this a lot. Because if you die then you'll be fully ready for round 2. No need to pick up your armor or weapons.

Another thing, but this is just my opinion: Using somewhat less powerful gear can also make you a much better player, if you take the time to master its usage. Yes, a creeper explosion directly next to you can kill you. But if you stay alert and jump away (when possible) then the armor can absorb the blast (and no mending needed afterwards!). Your sword won't easily kill zombies and other pests, but if you use a little bit of strategy instead of just charging in you can easily kill them off. Switching between melee (sword) and your ranged (bow/arrows) can be an excellent way to deal with creepers.

Also don't forget shields: these fully block a creeper blast these days and burning zombies also won't set you on fire (why can't we have voter shields? </whining voice> :D).

Now... a bit out of context but I always compare using voters gear with the weights Rock Lee used in his training sessions (Naruto). By using weights he made things a lot harder on his body. A normal walk which is effortless for us was basically a full training for him. Here's what I'm getting at, this is what happens when he removed his weights (tried to look for a Japanese dub, but ... oh well):

Of course there's also a humor factor in this ;)

SO after he got rid of that overhead he could move at blazingly fast speeds. Almost so fast that you couldn't see him anymore. Of course this is all fiction, but there's still truth in it with regards to voters gear. It'll be harder on you, but you'll also train yourself to become a better survival player.

For the record: I've been using voters gear exclusively for the past 1+ years now and I normally play on difficulty 6. Including enraged and boss spawns. The only thing which often poses a real problem for me right now are nether hounds (but I'm slowly getting there). Everything else is pretty much toast.

Seriously, I think you're underestimating voters gear. Tools don't define a player (or craftsman), the way they use their tools does.
  8. Yes!!! I'd love to have a Gold set of voter armor/tools.
    Mob_Meal, Vortixin and Equinox_Boss like this.
  9. Gold is two armor points stronger than leather so that wouldn't be too bad. It should probably be a little bit strong than that though.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  10. In the nether on difficulty 5 wolves can kill you in 3 hits. Remember, this is a reward for getting a 300-500+ voting streak. Of-course there are balancing issues with them which is why I didn't give the exact details.

Any videos of you killing stronger monsters with voters gear? Enraged zombies do > half your health on diff 7? I don't remember exactly.
    Pab10S and Equinox_Boss like this.
  11. diff 7 isnt made to fight with voters gear, only if you have a deathwish

i don't think the armor should get any upgrades and same for the tools
    i find it all balanced out really good and if they would be upgraded you would also kill the economy for enchanted gear

but i do agree there should be some stuff after voting reward 300
    just not in the kind of armor or tools
    TuckerAmbr and Daynsyy like this.
  12. What about Gold Tools? I mean we have iron and diamond so why not gold.
  13. Would be ok as long as they didn't have soulbound. But if there is no soulbound, what's the point. Basic things like a soulbound crafting table that works like a labour bench would be cool. Things like that don't really affect much but are helpful.

But we have diamond, no need for gold :p It would be a lesser item at a higher vote total.
    ChumMiner, kaptrix and Daynsyy like this.
  14. Everyone keeps saying no to golden armor and tools. What other voter items can there be? Maybe a new set of all voter items already with different enchants.
  15. Not true, Gold is the tool that mines the fastest
    crazyminerpete likes this.
  16. Personally I think the tools and armour are fine as is. Makes you almost invincible on low levels and still makes it a challenge in the 5-7 difficulty range. I think there are many other items that can be added to the collection with basically just adding soulbound to it. Crafting bench, maybe a shelker box, voters arrow, etc. But in the end you don't want everything soulbound but it would also be nice to have more items for higher vote streaks.

Even adding things like perm vouchers (at very high #s) would be cool. It's not easy to get a streak that high and if it was say 1000 votes required, at minimum would take you 500 days. And that getting 2 increases every day and vote sites working every day :p
    AhsokaTower likes this.
  17. Those vouchers sell for 2.5 million plus. That's wayyy to OP imo.
  18. OP is such an ooverused word. And I disagree. Yes they are worth a lot but how many people have a streak that high? If I remember correctly from the last vote contest there were only like 58 withh 800+ votes or something. (Couldn't find the link, will look later.) So that still makes them rare.
    kaptrix likes this.
  19. https://empireminecraft.com/threads/contest-voting-contest-2016.66452/
  20. AhsokaTower likes this.