[Suggestion] SS service for un-obtainable blocks in Survival

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by ChristopherJay, Jan 13, 2017.

1. -1
    Tuqueque likes this.
  2. You can't farm sand stone, you can only mine it or craft it from sand.
    Exactly no need to even protect to block since it will become a default block if mined.
    Not simple at all? Please find attached a tutorial that you may use in World Edit to place these blocks.
    Scenario 1: Blocks to be replaced with these feature blocks are placed as a specific blocks (Coarse Dirt, Block ID: 3:1 to be changed to 6 sided log Block ID: 17:12 in this example using World Edit).
    Step 1: Select area that includes all blocks to be replaced with the feature blocks using World Edit wand.
    Step 2: Use following command //replace 3:1 17:12
    Step 3: World edit tells you how many blocks were replaced.
    Step 4: Charge the player an arm and a leg for the service.

Scenario 2: Only 1 block needs to be changed to the featured block (Coarse Dirt, Block ID: 3:1 to be changed to 6 sided log Block ID: 17:12 in this example using World Edit).
    Step 1: Select block to be replaced with the feature blocks using World Edit wand.
    Step 2: Use following command //set 17:12
    Step 3: World edit tells you how many blocks were replaced.
    Step 4: Charge the player only an arm for the service

Scenario 3: Only 1 block needs to be changed to the featured block (Coarse Dirt, Block ID: 3:1 to be changed to 6 sided log Block ID: 17:12 in this example using the old Vanilla way).
    Step 1: Get XYZ coordinates of the block.
    Step 2: /setblock X Y Z 17:12
    Step 3: Minecraft replaces block with the 6 sided log block.
    Step 4: Charge the player only an arm for the service
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  3. The mention of 'farming' sandstone is a long ago inside joke between myself and apcmagician. It refers to mining it day and night.

Making the block accessible WITHOUT creative mode is not simple at all, which is what I was referring to. I'm very aware of how easy it is to do with creative mode. Were we to ever (not crossing off possibility list) make these available, it would be by complex code in order to make the player be able to do it, not by making SS do it. But as said before, no where near the top of the priority list and Mojang would likely be the better people to suggest it to so that they can add into the game itself instead, like they did sponge blocks.
    Tuqueque, ThaKloned and UltiPig like this.