[Suggestion] SS service for un-obtainable blocks in Survival

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by ChristopherJay, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Much like the bed rock removal this would be a service to obtain things on your plot thats can not be done in survival. you could buy blocks such as

-bedrock
    -barriers
    -end portal frames
    -6 sides logs
    -all smooth sand stone
    -[edit] smooth stone slabs (when 2 make a block)
    and have SS place them on your residence, to remove them you'd rather have to reset your residence or have SS remove them for you.
  2. I am barack obama and I approve of this suggestion

+1 in other words.
  3. +1 and -1.
    I approve of the smoothed over blocks and actually made a thread on it a few months ago (You can read about it here), but can see to many problems arising with the unbreakable blocks.
  4. I am SkareC and I approve of this suggestion!
    +1

Edit: this could be a good rupee/token dump to remove rupees from the economy which is much needed.
  5. I am deh Toade and I approve this message! +1 (but you know, some blocks might be OP) ;)
  6. I am sorry to be that guy, but i don't know what the other stuff is but barriers and bedrock sound great. A basic Service. Honestly Id like to be able to request SS remodel like wild north due to the jungle, make a walkway out.

However, my needs and desires are not what matters and sadly the ss is already busy enough. I can not agree 100% with this suggestion
  7. +1

This isn't something I'd use myself but even so I'm all in favor of the idea. At the very least it allows players to become more creative with their residence design, which sounds good enough to me. And it might give other players a new drive and motivation to save money for, which I think is also a good thing.

Now, some players mentioned that some blocks could be too OP, could someone elaborate a bit on that because I don't get the reasoning? Sure, an unbreakable block can have the potential of creating something a normal player could never get out off, but EMC has that covered already through the /res unstuck command.
    Equinox_Boss and We3_MPO like this.
  8. I have suggested this in the past and they turned it down as they want players to only have blocks they can obtain. They also mention how much more work it would be for SS+.
  9. -1

Don't wanna see bedrock & barrier blocks everywhere.
  10. it would be the equivalent of a bedrock removal, (something you don't see much because of the cost) and it opens up the possibilities for builder to make things in town that they other wise couldn't.

as to keep from see these items making unbreakable messes around the server and ending up in an actual survival world (i.e. not town)
    We3_MPO and Equinox_Boss like this.
  11. I like it, but at the same time I don't.
    +0
  12. Hmm...
    I think that this is a good idea (exception of the end portal frames but still)!
    Some player-made invisible parkour could be *cough torture cough* interesting to see!
    +1 :)
  13. More 'work' is an excuse to not add something. Don't like the work load? Resign. Same principles at my work and I don't complain about it.
  14. The only way I could see this NOT being an issue is if players used 1 block that's nowhere else in their build to be replaced with an unobtainable block. For instance granite for 6 sided logs.

EDIT:
    Except you get paid for the work you're given, SS+ volunteer to help, a massive workload may lead to them leaving and discourage others from signing up. Spending all day catering to other's needs to set unobtainable blocks and remove them isn't fun or endearing especially considering the amount of blocks a single person could ask for.

A solution to this issue is a requirement to have a certain block to replace BEFORE you request a replacement or sign on more SS+ (which could lead to other unforeseeable issues).

Just mah 2 cents.
  15. +fox

Isn't doing a lot of work like, 98% of their job?
    We3_MPO, Roslyn and Equinox_Boss like this.
  16. I sincerely preffer for SS to host events than them going from res to res replacing the indestructable blocks
    Equinox_Boss likes this.