[Suggestion] Sponsored Threads

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by 72Volt, Dec 24, 2018.

1. In my opinion, it does.. especially when it is preventing additions... lmao

Merry Christmas!
    AltPunisher likes this.
  2. +1 for me. It would be fun to customize my own add and see it pop up on other threads.
    People are saying it would be annoying because its just like advertisements but I think that's the whole point. Advertisements are annoying but if they're for this forum, I think it's okay.
    It would give players who are new to the forums be able to get to know what the community wants you to see rather than have to search for threads like that.
    I also think that it would be a great idea for another option to promote threads rather than fill up the recent threads with auctions and etc.
    607 and FadedMartian like this.
  3. I'm gonna give this a +.5.

I think the idea is great, if it was implemented correctly, complete with surge pricing and whatnot based on the time of year/in game events/what have you, to keep the section really clean with high quality posts there.

However, I feel like it would be dominated by the ultra rich of EMC, because some people simply have the money to pour into these threads. I think some sort of surge pricing system for individual people would be beneficial as well.
    607 and FadedMartian like this.
  4. I do think this is a great idea, but the topic of being dominated by the "rich" is a an interesting part. Yes, I believe that everyone should have a fair chance to advertise, but if just any joe could advertise there is no reason for advertisement threads... So with that being said, yes I believe this will be dominated by those of wealth, and rightfully so as they made that hard earned amount of rupees themselves.

Anyone can do it.
    607 likes this.