[Suggestion Promo] World Book Day

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by MiphaOfTheZora, Jan 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Why did I only spot this just now? Maybe because I've been caught up with work and all, but since the weekend is starting I'd rather cry wolf, err: conspiracies! :D

Agreed. Being a die hard reader but also hobbyist writer / novelist (where I cannot emphasize the 'hobby' part enough) I really think this is a good idea. I mean... Most people (myself included) usually / often stick to reading from the computer screen or using iReaders. But still....

I still fondly remember the days during my teens where I had just discovered fantasy and fantasy roleplaying from some classmates and started to read into Tolkien. Which was challenging because English isn't my first language and at that time I wasn't so deeply caught up with the Internet (international media such as IRC and such) as I am now. Nowadays I use English on a daily basis, but back then it was only used in class. First I borrowed the Hobbit from a friend, and I was hooked. Soon afterwards I started saving up big time and managed to get the Hobbit, Lord of the Rings and the Silmarillion. I spend hours in bed reading :)

Next stop, my all-time fantasy favorite: Dragonlance. Not so much the game, but the awesome books written by Margaret Weiss & Tracey Hickman. I don't really enjoy their later, more modern, novels but those first... Dragonlance Chronicles & Dragonlance Legends are all time favorites of mine. At one time I even nearly read through most of the night because I was so anxious to read about the massive power struggles on Krynn.

And that also caught me into fan based novels. Writers who used the set up of Dragonlance and Krynn as a stage to work out their own novels and ideas. "Raistlins Daughter" being one of my favorites with that, a not too long, slightly mature, story of what could have been. Very nicely written too.

And now I'm slowly derailing the whole thing :D

Errr, right... Sorry ;)

I don't really have any opinion or comments on the implementation because anything will work for me. But I really think it's a good idea to try and put a little more attention towards books and reading in this modern digital age.

+1
    MaglorYavetil, Kytula and 607 like this.
  2. +1

I love this idea :)
    MaglorYavetil and Kytula like this.
  3. Books
    Upgrade
    Memory space &
    Power
    MaglorYavetil likes this.
  4. Yes, to it all... I love books and this would be a fun way to do it.
    Kytula likes this.
  5. Books
    Upgrade
    Memory space &
    Power
  6. Closing the thread. Wish you all the best!
    UltiPig likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.