[Suggestion Promo] World Book Day

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by MiphaOfTheZora, Jan 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. World Book Day April 23, 2017

I did submit this idea through the proper forum. But would love feedback for you guys who are more creative and definitely have a better understanding of how minecraft and coding works. ^_^

I am a huge supporter for literacy, and in my opinion having a promo to encourage reading would be a nice reminder for everyone, but especially our younger players to read. The U.S. has a national read day in September. But I lean more towards the world book day for an event.

I was thinking, having a working "bookshelf" would be a pretty cool promo for this day. I know nothing about coding, I should state first. So I've thought of a few different ways this promo could be implemented. 1. Code an actual bookshelf to hold only books with a single chest interface. 2. Change the texture of a single chest (could be an enderchest, shulkerbox, or reg. Chest) to that of a bookshelf, so it's just a purely cosmetic promo with the normal chest ui. 3. Have a bookshelf have some special particle effects and maybe emit a light level? Again mostly a decorative and cosmetic option. And 4. Just an average bookshelf with colored text stating its info.

I highly favor the first 2 options, but am willing to settle for anything

Depending on which implementation works best, determines how it would be obtained. If it's option 4 then just " /promo read, " could work.
    If it's a functioning bookshelf then I think purchasing it with tokens would be good.
  2. I actually like this idea, question though, for the chest gui ones, are you looking for something like the labor bench where no placing is required? Or like a shulker box where the items stay inside when it is broken?
    Equinox_Boss and Kytula like this.
  3. Something like the Labor Bench is easily done. However, making it only accept books would be a great deal harder.
    Placing a special bookshelf down and having it act like a chest when interacted with is also possible.

I'm definitely in favor of any of this though. +1
  4. You know I hadn't even that of that :p lol I was trying to keep things as simple as I could think of. So it wouldn't be a labor intensive promo. But I do like both those suggestions a lot! I'd be happy to see either included in it :D

Yeah I was thinking limiting what is placed in it would be the tricky part.. that's why I was trying to think of other options :) But I'm glad you like the idea! lol I know you definitely understand how these things work much better than I do!
    MaglorYavetil and Equinox_Boss like this.
  5. New and it's not op +1
    MaglorYavetil and Kytula like this.
  6. +9001.

Now I can make my library look cleaner.
    Kytula likes this.
  7. Sounds cool! I'd like that!
    Also, I'm always happy with a promo I'll actually be able to use without it losing its worth. :p
    MaglorYavetil and Kytula like this.
  8. This sounds awesome! +1,000,000
    Kytula likes this.
  9. I really Like this Idea :) 1. I love books and Like What you said would be A Good reminder to others about reading.
    2. There is No Bookshelf Promo that I am aware of and I think it be Cool to Be a Chest, Shulker or Enderchest. I was thinking it Could Be Something Like Sending Mail How it can Hold 8 Books and It would not charge But if it was A book it wouldn't Charge But just an Idea :D
    Kytula likes this.
  10. Shulker boxes don't accept shulker boxes, so why not just make it so this book shelf uses the same code but for every item other than books?
    NuclearBobomb and Kytula like this.
  11. whats the forum for suggestion promos and events?
  12. Yay for wordz :D
    Kytula likes this.
  13. idea!

Make the book shelf a "labor chest"
    Ive hated how i cant take stuff out of my shulker boxes on other players resses cuz i need build and container, maybe it could be a bookshelf you right click and get a chest gui?
    607 and Kytula like this.
  14. Books
    Upgrade
    Memory space &
    Power
  15. That does sound like a good bit of work to make it work, but I think it would be great!
    I think that'd be a great way to implement Kytula's idea!
    Kytula likes this.
  16. +9,223,372,036,854,775,807
    Kytula likes this.
  17. Now! That's a pretty cool idea!

Also this is a very good point, so maybe coding it for just books could work.. Unless you have to type out each item that isn't a book for it to work; vs where the shulkerbox is coded against just itself... that would be a lot of code for 1 item.

I like that idea, but if it's possible to get it to look like a bookshelf, I personally would love to actually be able to place them down in my library.
    607 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.