[Suggestion] Promo voucher (Boss drop)

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by MsPikaBoo, Sep 27, 2015.

1. I personally Like this Idea, but Shouldnt things like 2012 and 13 be high teir, being that there are more 2014-15 Promos than Promos from them
  2. Somewhat true
    I may finalize this in a bit tho and send the link to staff
  3. I put 2012 items for a low tier because we can't expand downwards much, only upwards.
    607 and Deadmaster98 like this.
  4. maybe they can make a list for each tier and the promo will be randomized
  5. I like the idea but I think it shouldn't include anything rare. Maybe the promos that have been released multiply times. If it was rare items then their value would drop the more that get released.
    AyanamiKun and Deadmaster98 like this.
  6. Not even bosses on difficulty 10? ;)

I love the thought of this addition, it's crossed my mind before too! However, I do not see this becoming a reality ;-;
  7. I don't see it coming a reality for a couple reasons. Promotional from certain dates and times are only to be obtained from the 'server' during those limited times. After that you acquire them from players/official staff events. A firework from 2012-2015 wouldn't be a firework from 2012-2015 if a voucher that is limitless in supply via mob bosses could get you one. It would be better to create a new string of promotions which the only way to get is from redeeming this mob boss voucher.
    607, AyanamiKun, Krysyy and 2 others like this.
  8. Not even on Difficulty 100 :p The rare items are rare because they were/are very limited in their releases. Especially promos that have a durability. This is how their value continues to grow. 60k for example. I've spent millions getting the special items I've had. Would not like to see someone get them for free and decreasing the value of what I have.

This sounds like a better idea. New items created for boss drops and won't effect current promos.
    607, AyanamiKun and Roslyn like this.
  9. ITS ONLY A 1% drop
  10. While that may seem low drop, you have to see the situation from a broad perspective. Speculate the idea that hundreds of mini bosses are killed each day. Literally. thousands a week. now 1% of a 1000 is 10 but its not definite 1%, it is chance so out of 1000, 1% chance can be for 950 of them or 2 of them. Thus adding up to 1000 promos into the market per week-month that shouldn't of exist in terms of being far expired of being acquired through the server. Not shooting down your idea. I just think that there needs to be tweaks. Its a valid idea and what ThaKloned quoted me on was what I was thinking it should be. Otherwise, older promotionals can never gain value and will always decrease in value slowly with the steady income of more of the same coming into the economy each day. Always have a 1 year outlook to see what that becomes. A 30k promotional today could be 2k after that.
    607, Krysyy, deathconn and 2 others like this.
  11. 1% on difficulty 10*
  12. It's not the rates though, it's the items. The idea is great it just should be something other then current promos.
    607 likes this.
  13. Please also leave you mind for hate comments ;)
  14. Correct like previous promos
  15. I do not understand .
    607 and AyanamiKun like this.
  16. Just keep offensive comments to yourself
  17. ?

It shouldn't be ANY of the current/past/future promos is what I mean.

No one is being offensive. Why is this always what people jump to when people discuss a suggestion?
    607, AyanamiKun and Roslyn like this.
  18. I think that you're both wrong. While this seemed like a good idea at first, you have to remember that there are a LOT of minibosses that get killed each week. And even if there were to be unique promos, Momentus and Marlix already do give unique promos..
    607 likes this.
  19. I think you misunderstood my post. Momentus/Marlix items are Special Mob Drops. This is not the same as promo items. We will always have new mob drops enter the game. Promos, for the most part, are limited releases and will drop in value as more are put into the game. What I meant here was adding new Special Mob Drops would be a better idea then adding in promos.
    AyanamiKun likes this.
  20. I don't see any evidence of people being offensive here, so keep in mind the difference between constructive criticism and hate comments.

Rosyln (and ThaKloned) is/are explaining a very valid concept from the eyes of a promo collector. This is an interesting idea and we've recently discussed something very similar due to (other things), however it makes more sense to just have the mob drop a certain slew of items by chance, like the Marlix armor does currently, rather than creating a voucher to redeem past promos, some of which are based specifically around holiday participation, etc.
    607, AyanamiKun, Roslyn and 4 others like this.