[Suggestion / Poll] The 1.7 - Biome update

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by RandomZh, Sep 7, 2013.

?

What would you like most?

Option 1: Keep Frontier, reset Wastelands 25 vote(s) 48.1%
Option 2: Keep Frontier, reset Wastelands, add Frontier-1.7 17 vote(s) 32.7%
Option 3: Reset Frontier, reset Wastelands 17 vote(s) 32.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. If, and this is only if at the moment, we add more outposts we will place them at least twice as far as anyone has explored.
    cadgamer101 and cddm95ace like this.
  2. What would be the downside in that? Or the reason it's not being implemented?
  3. personally i have made plans myself for the update i made a nice long nethertunnel with a portal waiting to be lit at the end of it and a whole bunch of supplies sitting around it, when the server updates ill run out there light it and voila! first 1.7 wildbase
    607 likes this.
  4. It is not a simple tp out to 1000000,64,1000000 then make outpost. I believe the world would need to go offline, edited with MCEdit, put back online then do the tp business. Editing a large world file that we have for each server will be daunting and time consuming. Make a mistake that you don't notice and you could effectively in a few months time need to return to the backup made before 1.7 changes.
    samsimx and Elysphic like this.
  5. The world that my old server ran up until it shutdown was about not even half the size of one outpost regions which is about 78,539,816.34 m2 in area. Although I had built a monorail system that ran about 4 km through the world, and we had the three worlds (OW, Nether, End) generated. Whenever I ran backups, the world file was about 125 mb. With the size of the generated portions each of the worlds without the tertiary travels outside the outpost regions being 5 times the 78 some odd million square meters for the overworld alone, I can only imagine that the world (with all 6 worlds included; Frontier OW, Frontier Nether, WL OW, WL Nether, Town, and End) files for each of the servers on EMC being a couple of Gigabytes a piece.. :eek: ..Am I correct in assuming that, Davie..?
  6. No idea on that side of things. That would be Aikar's thing.
    607 likes this.
  7. We got 30mx30m space to place Wild Outposts :)