[Suggestion] Optionally disable lecterns "remembering" page

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by triphora, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Lecterns are amazing for conveying large amounts of information to other players, however:
    It appears that it will "save" your place after reading at least two pages of a lectern.
    This can be great in some places but in others it's not very convenient at all.
    Here's an example: I had visited Moople's Empire Info tower today, and someone else had already been there before, and looked at the books in lecterns there. The issue is that they hadn't flipped back to the initial page on any of them, and each of the books were on the last page.
    This could give the impression that the last page is the only info on that book, if they hadn't seen the "Page 7 of 7" on it. This... is not very good.
    Is it possible that we could have a way of toggling whether the lectern remembers the last page or not? Something like a global residence savepage flag (which would be toggled on by default, but would be toggled off if needed). It may have a very niche use, but those who do use it will be thankful.
    Thoughts?
  2. A future event I am working on uses lecturns and I had no idea they didn't "reset" to the first page every time. Darn. Sooooo yes I would use this feature for sure if its even possible. :) Great suggestion!
  3. In this multiplayer environment, it seems it is more beneficial that this is how the lectern should work.

+1
    HazardousCode and wafflecoffee like this.
  4. Don't see why not :)
    +1
    wafflecoffee likes this.
  5. +1000
    wafflecoffee likes this.
  6. +10000000
    wafflecoffee likes this.
  7. I don't use lecturns, but seems like a sensible improvement.

+1
    wafflecoffee likes this.
  8. Will look into implementing a library feature sign. Which will open up the book as a fresh copy - so won't have the lectern shared page stuff.
  9. Nice suggestion, would be great for read-only ideas. :)
    farmerguyson and wafflecoffee like this.
  10. I did not know that that was shared between players! Interesting. It would be good if you could turn that off, yeah. But I'm now also thinking of ways to actually use it for multiplayer gameplay. :p
    wafflecoffee likes this.
  11. This sounds great!
    wafflecoffee likes this.
  12. Sounds great, though it doesn't sound like something I'd every use.

I will add though: this does get a little more complicated than it seems, as lecterns can be comparatord, and, with that, just setting the page back to 1, especially when someone opens the book whilst someone else is reading it (is that possible on EMC?) does become quite a lot more complicated, or, rather, self-contradicting.
    wafflecoffee, 607 and Stnywitness like this.