{Suggestion} more rupee bonuses

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by finch_rocks_1, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Hey everyone

Will be short as on cell..

This is a suggestion for when there are large updates or promos have the rupee bonus as well. It was done very often in 2013 bit then slowly vanished.

~Finchy
    UltiPig likes this.
  2. In what ways a rupee bonus?
  3. Why? If there's a large event you already get the event itself and the items released. Why would a rupee bonus be added on top of that?
    607 likes this.
  4. -1

Nope. Voting and changes happened because of OUT OF EMC choices. Now we get to WORK for R like IRL. I love this change.
  5. Whatever you just said seems incredibly irrelevant to the topic we are discussing or it was just worded poorly.
    DufGoesBnoof likes this.
  6. im confused. u mean rupee login bonus? b/c have to disagree (sorry).

u get an easy 800r for voting 1st time, u also get ur 100r bonus if ur not supporter. i think that adding an extra rupee login bonus will only make ppl logon & also logoff b/c they got their money. might even stop them from voting b/c the money is already in.
    Merek_Shadower likes this.
  7. At least 3 of the 4 people replying here don't exactly know what she means, and where it came from.

Back in long ago, when we reached 60k members, instesd of allowing everyone to choose from one of the 8 promo's from then, everyone got 6000 rupees, and with those 6000 rupees, could buy a promo.... or not.... or 5. It was up to the players whether they wanted a promo, or the 6000 rupees (which was worth much more back then compared to now).

(I believe) When EMC updated to minecraft 1.3, everyone also got some rupees for that (3100). Just because - it was the "promo" of that time. :)

I think Finch is suggesting this to be added again. As for my opinion, I'll stay impartial for now. :)
  8. Well Tom explained that very well for a start. I was rather confused until I read through his post.

If this was suggested maybe 2 years ago then I would have been +200. However now that time has passed and the economy has changed, rupees are now much more common and being a millionaire is hardly a feat. It is much, much easier for players to gain rupees then it was at the time of the 60k event.

I do agree that this would be nice for some of the very new players as joining upon the release of a 20,00r promo must be pretty daunting. As always you are allowed to claim one per account and for most that is enough. (Lel sorry for going off topic a little).

Sorry Finch </3 -1.5
  9. No, I don't see any reason for this.
    People getting a free promo is better, I think, and for updates, I'd prefer a simple item promo above a rupee one.
    EmpireMall and Merek_Shadower like this.
  10. Why do you argue with everyone??? Getta happy face dude!! You are always negative . This is a no go IMO.

Edit... That being said I still love ya enough to invite you to my Drop Party Sept mid to late. We have over million in promo's so far....
  11. Hmmm, have we gone off topic enough yet?
    ;)
  12. Of course not.

-1 from me. I was around during the times that these "promos" were available and they were done mainly because /promo didn't exist or something big happened (big for back then). Now Minecraft updates are more common so getting money for those is just not plausible. Money to buy promos with isn't needed because promos can just be claimed now. I'd rather just get given a promo and take it, without asking for a bit of extra money on the side.
  13. As far as I know, that money was given out as a compensation of sorts for all the bugs and downtime that the 1.3 update caused.
    607 and TomvanWijnen like this.
  14. If you read the OP, you would understand when they did this, and if you look at the timeline, you can see it was very often, and just require a click on a link on the site for rupee claim.

And sure there is /promo, but not everyone wants the promo all the time. Some might want the funds instead. There have been many promos, i claimed and i did not want, so i sold off all copies, and kept the one.

I just thought it might also help some newer players who dont get the idea around promos, as they can choose an item they dont want, or funds to build their tools, weapons, etc.
  15. Here it is simply stated
    Go earn rupees
  16. I argue with, not everyone, but anyone who I disagree with. It's a thread based around an opinion, and I'm simply sharing mine.
    Yah I still needa throw together some donations for that

Doesn't answer my question. They've got /promo now, so why would they need to do it the old fashioned way?
    If you didn't want it, why would you keep one? and even if you didn't want one, you "sold off all the copies", which gives you rupees in return. So the system is already there, it just requires an incredibly minimal aspect of work that is typing in the new promo on the forums or just msging Sachrock
    Still can sell the item just as easily as you or I can
  17. +-0 I would like to remain semi-neutral I can see the benefits of this but there are also the draw backs to it

This would Incorrect for the new players as i noticed with the 4th of july a certain someone with the power and capabilities to do so was buying them for wayyy less then market price i feel like this would set a good market price for new players to not get "scammed"

Also the draw back would be a TON of new rupees added to the economy which I have already noticed is hurting a little bit.

These are my opinions feel free to agree or disagree
    Merek_Shadower and 607 like this.