[SUGGESTION] Horse Stables!

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Adderwolf71, Apr 21, 2013.

?

Is this a good idea?

Good Idea! 29 vote(s) 55.8%
Bad Idea! 8 vote(s) 15.4%
With some changes, okay idea! 9 vote(s) 17.3%
What are you talking about???? We just got 1.5!!! 6 vote(s) 11.5%
  1. I think that has been suggested.
  2. an easier solution would be for horses and donkeys to act as containers and be lockable (although you would need something other then a shop sign), this way they could simply make a place where horses and mules could be tied up (corral/stable) near the teleporters so they wont walk away and they cant be griefed cause they are locked containers. it shold cost more then a locked chest tho something like 3k
    Adderwolf71 likes this.
  3. What's the point all horses can fly :p

4. Quite a nifty idea, However storing of items I do not think is necessary. Perhaps you could rent a fence post? Fancy renting coding from Aikar of course :p
  5. renting residences is already in the code for Residence.
  6. Everyone should have the right to have horses in the wild. I'd hate to see a particularly poor person not be able to go fast in the wild just because he can't buy a stable.

Just my current thought.
    M4nic_M1ner and hashhog3000 like this.
  7. No, you are getting it all wrong. There would be a place to keep your horse. Horses will still be able to get claimed in the wild and spawn naturally with this.
  8. Aikar should be able to work out buying your own stable fairly easy, would kinda work like the houses in endertopia 2.0
  9. Well, to prevent the area from getting spammed with abandoned animals, there could be an expiration, and if you're not around enough, the horse breaks free and runs away. Although, I do like the idea of getting it through the portal without having to egg it, take the armor off etc and keeping it in a stable on my residence, but I don't know if that's even possible.
  10. Lot of fuss over something that's not necessary. Lock a chest near spawn, egg 'em and leave the egg and armour, etc, in the chest.

Tadaa!
    AlexChance likes this.
  11. OMG, this logic it... it... it... is so logical!
  12. I agree with this idea, but I have a little edit for it...

These 'stables' would be able to purchased for a small fee, and they would be protected, like residences. You would be able to lock them and unlock them.
    Unlocking - Making it so that the horse can be taken out of the stable.
    Locking - Making it so that the horses are 'locked' inside the stable.
    You would also be able to setup permissions for other players on these stables, like a normal residence. They could be in a different area of the Wilderness/Wastelands than the spawn. Maybe in a different area in the map, away from civilization? :p
    Also, while they're in a locked stable, they are unable to be harmed, but when the stable is unlocked, they can be harmed?
  13. The only problem with that is the breeding factor. Just now, if you egg something, it loses all the data specific to that animal, like with sheep losing their wool color. You'd loose all your special traits (if any) that you bred the thing to have, and you'd probably have to rebreak the horse each time to boot. I'm looking forward to breeding special horses, and really wonder if that will be viable on EMC at all.
    M4nic_M1ner and OrigamiJoe like this.
  14. If you're only interested in what the horse can do, then it shows you never really loved the horse just for being a horsey.

How mean.
    Jennypoo10 and margaritte like this.
  15. personal stables is a waste of time guys, and on some servers it would have to be huge. all we need is a place to tie up and a way to protect the containers that donkeys and horses are
  16. How about a simple idea? Fence posts around each outpost and people simply tie their lead up to the post, the tied up lead cannot be broken by anybody else but you.
    bitemenow15 likes this.
  17. ^that is what i meant, but the containers also need to be able to be protected
  18. For anyone that didn't know- you will be able to remove the armor from the horses now.

I was thinking about this myself too. Because of the random horses that may spawn when you go to un-egg your horse for your journey, how would go about selling kinds of horses to people and stuffies. Well my thought was just have town shop dispencer on a stable like wall right inside the protected spawn. At the shop there maybe it could be coded with the ability to spawn the horse that you would want. You could buy the horse and it would pop the one you picked right outside the protected area. that way you wouldn't rack up on the rupees, egg spamming in wild.
  19. I think we should just let horses go through the portals to town.
  20. That too :D