[SUGGESTION] Give Iron supporters more perks >:D

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by BrickStrike, Aug 19, 2013.

1. oh i was just showing what it's like if you get multiple supporter-ships that add up to the same price ... 2 gold's are the same as diamond and a free member ... and when you pay for 2 irons it actually gives you 100r more than 1 gold
  2. rupee bonuses are in proper scale.
    Iron = 300 bonus = 400r
    Gold = 600 bonus = 700r (2x price of iron, 2x rupee BONUS, not 2x rupees)
    Diamond = 1200 bonus = 1300r (2x bonus of gold as its 2x price of gold)
    mba2012 likes this.
  3. I have joined one but I got tired of marlix and momentus spawning near me
  4. Its not that my parents won't let me get one its the fact I have like no money
  5. I know that but maybe with the dragon tombs be able to purchase more reses in town with the eggs?
  6. I personally think that at th moment, supporter perks are fine as they are (I personally have never been a supporter, feel free to say I am biased). If you think about it, iron is only around £3, which in my area is just over 2 coffees :p I realise that is a crude example, but the almost miniscule amount you pay makes up for the low amount of perks.
    cddm95ace and Jake_bagby like this.
  7. That is a good point you make, if you think about, iron isn't that bad value for money :p
  8. What was it intended to be?
    On nerfing: I say no, because of the price difference. Diamond is $10 higher than the previous lever, whereas the other are only $5.
  9. The original purpose of iron membership was meant to be 3 things:

• Daily rupee bonus without required sign-in
    • Derelict Protection while membership is active
    • Guaranteed slot if servers were ever full.
    Pretty much anything that gets added to Iron membership past that is considered super super super extra bonus.
    BilboBaggins23 likes this.
  10. I guess for the price of 2 cups of coffee a month,it's ok.But what if the reserved slots are full and the server can't handle more?
  11. The servers could handle even 150 players likely... We will raise the cap slowly when all servers are reaching the point of constantly being full.

Why don't we raise the cap now? To benefit forcing to push players to play on the others and not all bunching up on SMP1 and 9 (and somewhat 2 :p), if we raised the cap now, those 3 will continue to be the highest pops and the others would suffer longer.
    mba2012 likes this.
  12. It might make sense to raise the cap on smps 3,4,6,7 and 8.
    brickstrike likes this.
  13. I think you have to much gold to know what to do with lol
  14. Yea it is good here, no need for change, but i still donate to hunger games when i feel like playing it some, screw full servers!!!!
  15. Erm, no offense, but what has to do with the topic of this thread :confused:
    If the caps are raised even more, than iron supporter will be even more useless, as the servers would have enough slots. #justsaying
    Oh, and this is an announcement for everyone replying to this topic (yes, staff included)
    Keep the thread on topic, as I have already seen a grammar Nazi argument, and a lot of off topic posts on this page...
    So, once again, please. STAY ON TOPIC! I will ask for your posts to be removed if they are not relevant... Thank you.
    Oh, and... Aikar... ;3 plz fixez meh rez
  16. in order for this to work it would have to be like this:
    regular: 1
    Iron: 2
    Gold: 4
    Diamond: 8
    otherwise, it would be more effective to get multiple iron accounts or gold accounts than a single diamond.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  17. Personally I do not think that people need more reses. EMC offers a lot more space than most servers. 60x60 is a great canvas for creativity. We do have some really creative people in EMC and their work is inspiring and admirable, however there are also many who don't exhibit any indication that they know what to do with extra space.
  18. But I actually have no room left on mine.Except for a small 8x8 or so area.
  19. Bump... And... aikar... I'm confused...
    http://empireminecraft.com/threads/i-think-you-guys-should-add-more-slots.1242/
    We will "never" add more slots but now we are... The universe is ruined... Forget about the economy... >.>
  20. At the time of that posting, we actually only had 45 slots. The hardware we run on now has been upgraded 3 times since then (1 year and 9 months ago). Justin himself a few months after that post made our caps 60, and we have even seen what high numbers our servers could actually support. We have seen our servers functioning just fine in the 80 - 90 range, and our new chat channel system upgrades since then has made for an easy way to handle chat congestion.

'Never' rarely means never...