Suggestion for when 1.15 comes out

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by TheFryedmans, Mar 9, 2020.

1. I may bump this when 1.15 comes out

This would go onto a world save folder rather than everyone getting it so that's one big plus.

The idea is a data pack that allows already dyed things to be re-dyed.

Oh wait there is already a pack for this
    https://vanillatweaks.net/picker/crafting-tweaks/

The only reason i ask for this is because of how little dye able terracotta there is.

I know there is 9 smps that have wilds (that a non supporter can access)

But this would save a ton of pain and suffering for players.

So please if you have something in your heart please show your support.

Ps i will bump this when 1.15 comes out. I would rather 1.15 than just this.
    Extendingskys likes this.
  2. This sounds like it would change a crucial limiting feature of vanilla...or multiple
    LindenNZ and KatydidBuild like this.
  3. Not sure what you mean about the terracotta...
    It used to be called "hard clay". The regular terracotta is dye-able to any of the 16 colors. There are currently 2 mesa wastes on smp7 and 1 on smp8. An hour of mining will get you tons! Take a friend for security at night and get more! Ask for help in chat, someone will go with you :D

If you just need a bit, I have terracotta in stock and sell dyes on smp8.
    607 likes this.
  4. I could see this maybe for something like glass. It never made much sense to me that glass couldn’t be re-dyed. I always advocated to allow smelting glass to turn it into clear glass again. As for the other materials, terra-cotta really isn’t that hard to find especially since the wild will probably reset again after the update. Wool is an infinite resource so that’s out.
    But I’ll give this a +1 for glass potential. Maybe there could be a promo item that does this for a limited number of uses or something but has mending, and only works on blocks placed? Idk.
    607 likes this.
  5. This is not something we will be including in the 1.15 release. I will deny this suggestion outright. I do not see us ever adding this particular datapack.
    I would prefer to see more focused and specific suggestions. Justification behind each item/recipe change.
    Is there a subset of its features we would consider? perhaps.
    Egeau, wafflecoffee, 607 and 2 others like this.
  6. What? :p :confused:

I think Extendingskys idea, for glass, would be nice! It wouldn't make so much sense for terracotta, though, and as Katy argued, it also doesn't seem that desired for terracotta and wool.

In general, I'm not sure if we should add such 'vanilla tweaks'. I would be interested in discussion about that. EMC has come a long way from "french vanilla with sprinkles on top", and I wonder what direction it is going in. Anyway, has this been suggested to the Minecraft developers? Maybe they can add something like it to 1.16. :)
    TheFryedmans likes this.