Suggestion: Established BASE Wilderness Teleport VOUCHER

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by MmarkM, May 12, 2015.

?

Would You Like To See an Established Base Teleport Voucher?

Yes 27 vote(s) 79.4%
No 7 vote(s) 20.6%
  1. If I can't even carry an ender chest full of items back and forth, then what advantage at all would there be in having a teleport to that base? The market is already changing with all the new items. Will travel time really make a difference? Supply and demand control the economy of Emc, not travel time. This would simply let people go faster from point a to point b.
    georgeashington and Gawadrolt like this.
  2. How so? This doesn't makes sense. If anything more items will be available to more people which distributes more rupees around. Who is it that loses out?
  3. Travel time would have a very minor impact on the economy. Even the biggest afk farm will only produce a finite amount of an item per hour. Say I have an iron farm at my outpost. Starting with no iron, allow me to teleport back and forth. Did Ieffect the economy? No. Now, say iIhave 2 DCS of iron blocks saved up there, waiting for the ability to teleport. Today, I get a teleport sign. So I haul my 2dcs to town and sell it. Did i impact the market? Maybe I dropped the price of iron from 4 r per ingot down to 3.9999 r. But the real control of the economy is in the ability to produce. AKA supply and demand. If Ihave the ability to produce a dc of iron blocks per day, I could crash the market, regardless of how long it takes me to haul it to town. If I am going to get what I feel is a below market value for my goods, I won't sell them, whether it'sa 5 hour or 5 second trip to town. I support the voucher idea.
    Gawadrolt and JesusPower2 like this.
  4. You will be able to teleport to an outpost if you claim the land. In my opinion, this is not not needed.

I'm also really against any sort of wild teleportation, so my opinion obviously is biased here. Still makes a point though.

5. In my opinion we shouldn't have teleportation at all.
  6. I say NO, because sofar my knowledge go, Dragon Tombs is getting something like that too.
    So why wast3e time to implement something new , instead of using that time to finish something big that also hav e some teleport function. Still with TP function i think it pulls some magic out of wilderness.
  7. This is an example of why I think It should be available.
    Say I build a base close to spawn. I can haul items back and forth almost instantly. If someone else wants to build a base 60 k out in the wild, they should have the same advantage. A 1 hour minecart ride discourages most people from putting resources into a base that far out.
    I could buy ( with real money) up to 6 town properties, and buy a voucher that made them mine forever, even if I don't support the empire at all or vote once. This is far less balanced than being able to get to town instantly. A teleport voucher is much more fair than someone who owns 6 res' s next to town spawn that hasn't been here for 1 year.
    I'm not saying give everyone automatic teleport abilities. The voucher would be expensive enough that not everyone wouldLet one. This would reward players who have put years of time and energy into establishing themselves on Emc, and it would be an excellent way to fund any new equipment required for DT/Dystopia. Even if this was a limited time item, (only available for 3 months), I feel that this would be a great thing.
    ShelLuser, ThaKloned and Gawadrolt like this.
  8. I would like to see it implemented the way was planned but if that isn't going to happen(even if it is a year away) this would be an awesome alternative kind of like the forum claim process has been an alternative until that day in the never future
  9. I think wild tp would be great for public outposts in conjunction with wild protection. It would be possible to refer friends to the outpost and make it easy for them to get to know the area. I think the wild would benefit a lot.

But we could also just wait for dragon tombs :( If there are vouchers, I would prefer paying in-game.
  10. I agree to disagree. Here is why, yes it would be nice but the point of traveling far is to build nice things. But your not building in the wasteland. I would like this implemented only in frontier. There are good points of the market crashing, I agree as well on that. But the wasteland will never be built apon unless your smp7. (You guys are nuts :p) There is no new blocks of 1.8 for over 80k blocks of any spawn in frontier (Or even more) So I am going to be neutral in this argument I have mixed feelings about this.
  11. The title of the thread stated that it is for Established outposts only, so no wastelands:)
    ThaKloned likes this.
  12. People are crazy enough to make outposts in wasteland. Trust me on this but anyway, whenever the frontier resets (Which it needs) Will be abused of large mining operations. I am in one for a matter of fact and we strip, level, and light. For a long time. I think the system should stay the same were people create long mine rails in the nether.
  13. I think the plan for Dragon Eggs was somewhere along the lines of a residence dirt removal. Or something like that.

In my opinion, teleportation should be limited to town/residence use only. Outside of that, it will become to wreckless.

• Say I just got my teleport sign on my residence, and I teleport to my base and log off.
    • Someone can easily walk onto my residence, click the sign, and grief my base.
  14. You didn't read the op. These signs would be player specific, meaning your sign wouldn't work when I click it. The same way you can't open someone else's locked chest, or break the lock sign.
  15. Frontier will never reset, doesn't need it either :-P

The op said teleport for only the person that bought it, not a public access sign.

There are 1.8 blocks less than 10k from frontier spawn and ocean monuments even closer than that

Just to clear up a few incorrect assumptions.

;-)
    ShelLuser likes this.
  16. Sorry, I realize it now... I was reading the OP and a signature caught my attention. I mean how can't this catch your attention?
    Gawadrolt and markethan13 like this.
  17. I wont say anything now... :confused:
  18. there would not be a sign on your res, this teleport sign would bring you to the nearest outpost, or town spawn. There is no possible way of another player using this to grief.
  19. I would disagree on this, as it would take away one of the things that I love EMC over other servers. Yes, the ability to NOT being able to just teleport anywhere. So far, the only real thing I've seen about people being able to teleport is said people becoming lazy and impatient. So now that we can "teleport", why can't we set homes everywhere? Why can't we /tpa and /tpahere people? These questions are bound to happen now that we can be more "lazy". (Situation with teleporting) "Now that we have these features, what difference does EMC have over other servers?".

Yes, being a very oldtime member here, so I'm VERY biased on this.
    ShelLuser and VoxelRay like this.
  20. People already not have enough patience to mine for materials. Most only buy,buy,buy.
    Well, mining is one of the fun parts, it saves money. i buy only some stuff,
    like books and sometime sgold or materials like that.

And the frontier is survival world, with the extra option that you can go back to town and buy some things.
    Or mine in waste. I get further and further from spawn, so i need to setup mining area in the frontier.
    Like jaari say, it would take away lot's of the things what minecraft survival makes it intressting.
    ShelLuser likes this.