Suggestion: Established BASE Wilderness Teleport VOUCHER

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by MmarkM, May 12, 2015.

?

Would You Like To See an Established Base Teleport Voucher?

Yes 27 vote(s) 79.4%
No 7 vote(s) 20.6%
  1. Going to bump this, I would really like other opinions, please leave feedback:)
  2. Poll results: 82% of people want dragon tombs. Most of which just want to be able to actually establish their wild outposts legitimately, and don't want to wait for dragon tombs which, Afaik still has had virtually no progress beyond brainstorming. And people be complaining about updating the website, getting more promos, and implementing things like adding messages to /pay. Maybe I'm just biased but to me, aikars vision of developing the wild before he bought the server is exactly what the players seem to want :)

Edit: honestly, once teleports to outposts are enstated, I wouldn't be surprised to see most of the town infrastructure crumble under the awesomeness of the unlimited building space the wild has to offer.

Second edit: oh and dystopia and games server(which I guess is going to be a major focus now)
    C_McFly likes this.
  3. That can be intressting, if it don't end in wild west and hugh mining party's and no wilderness keeps undamaged.
    In this case Teleporting from oupost to wasteland only sounds very usefull. But not to town or from frontier -> wasteland -0> town the last one need to be blocked then.
  4. But your base close to spawn is much more under the threat of griefers whereas the 60k away base much less. In my opinion that also balances a few things out.

I would ;)

Because teleporting back and forth is one thing, building stuff with the full certainty that everything you make is fully secured.. That's still something else.

And there's one small flaw in your reasoning: teleportation would only be possible to established outposts. Ergo: areas where people would need to comply to the building standards laid out by the outpost founder. The moment you want to experience the full freedom you'd need to establish an outpost on your own. Which means... No teleportation but manual travelling again. With all the applied risks once you did find yourself a place to build (even if protected regions are a thing you'd still start out with an unprotected piece of land).
  5. I don't think teleportation would crash the economy. Teleportation would just allow people to stay a bit further away from griefers.
    just_five_fun likes this.
  6. I must ask this, are those of you who are voting yes on the poll actually in a position to pay 50-100$ for this perk? Or just voting yes because you think it's a cool idea?

I personally think this is the definition of Pay-to-Win, it gives an extremely unfair advantage to players who have the money to buy this "perk" and allows people to profit with little to no effort after you have some form of farm / collection of materials in place.

As someone who has a wilderness base that is 400k~ blocks out and it'd be ridiculous to build a nether rail to transport items back to town I would LOVE wilderness transportation, but, a system where a player can merely pay money to get a huge advantage over other players who can't and have no way of wilderness transportation besides paying money is ridiculous.

Now if a system is put in place where there is a way for players to teleport free of IRL money from wild to town then I see no problem with putting a pay system in, as long as there is a way for free players to do it as well.
    Pab10S, ShelLuser and markethan13 like this.
  7. I see your point, but I'm not a fan.

First off, simply having the money to teleport to an outpost gives a very unfair advantage to those who can not teleport. As much as I do agree that for some people it'd be wonderful to be able to just pop out to your outpost, i must agree with what sam said above. It's technically a pay-to-win kind of thing. It gives a greatly unfair advantage over other players who have outposts way out in the wild. Considering I'm not much of a wildie, my opinion is shifted more towards only-town teleportation. That's just me bein a bad debater and having a biased opinion though. ;)

However, I think a way to teleport to wild outposts is a good idea as long as it uses ingame currency such as a future token implementation.
  8. Well 1 free of IRL money incentive does come to mind for this: voting. EMC needs to maintain a high amount of votes to continue to bring in new players (and some of which who will hopefully be supporters).

-Maybe the TP sign should be limited to 1 per player (including all alts under the limit max).
    -You are able to use the TP sign only to connect from an established Frontier base (staff approved/Dragon Tombs, etc.). -Each player (regardless of supporter status, days on Empire, etc.) gets to use the limited TP sign immediately.
    -The sign will lose the ability to function and just sit idle unless the user votes to recharge the sign for use (lots of design space available for this idea).
    -If you change your mind on where to set the limited TP sign in the Frontier there would need to be an in-game fee (R/Tokens) and you can only change the position (take the TP sign down and set somewhere else) once per day.
    -Perhaps make the TP sign have access that you (the owner) can set for other outpost friends?

While having the TP sign described in the OP would be an interesting option for some members, I also feel that it be too limiting for a large amount of the player base on EMC. That said, I up-voted on the OP because the idea of the TP sign and the OP's ideas for limiting it from being too much for the game, intrigued me. :D
    Pab10S likes this.
  9. Remember everyone, teleportation from base to wild visa-versa IS planned to be added, if you aren't aware.
  10. Yes, but maybe it could be added sooner as a stand alone feature, instead of just part of something bigger?
  11. Well stated points, all of you. I realize that this would change how we use the wild, so I'm not saying that I'm 100% in favor. I just think topics like this give the staff ideas, input without them actually having to make any decisions publicly, and might help them think of something that they wouldn't otherwise. I don't really like the idea of paying real money for it either, but it would help fund the servers, and derelict protection and max res upgrades are also real money items.
    I would think a voucher like this could be traded in game for rupees as well, though it would be well over 1 milllion, im sure. keep the feedback coming in:)

I forgot to add this as well, and its something to think about: These vouchers would be a way for Aikar to test out how teleportation actually effects EMC, without actually letting everyone have full blown access to it.
    MrsWishes likes this.
  12. Bump, going to keep this in people's minds for one week yet before I close it. Keep the votes and feedback coming:)