[Suggestion] Enable /reports for /v +shop

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Faithcaster, Apr 20, 2014.

1. What about people who don't want to sell everything. Just a few things. They would have to put up a bunch if signs even though they are not planning in selling those things.
  2. How about a min of one sign for any shop tags, and a min of 25 for mall tag.
  3. this topic have been discussed before here with some interesting thoughts.
  4. Everyone has a different idea of what a Shop or Mall should be so I don't like the idea of automating removal or voting against Tags. I think it is a judgement call that Staff will likely have to make on a case by case basis.

I agree that a way to remove inappropriate Tags is needed, but I also think that we need to address the cause. The reason there are so many Shop and Mall Tags is because there is no way to know that a Tag exists without being told or by going to a Residence. So people choose the obvious and we have ended up with mainly Shop and Mall Tags.

I checked and you can currently do /res tag list, but it only lists the Tags for the Residence you are at. If I wanted to stand out with ShopPabs, no one would have a clue that the Tag existed without going there first or me telling them.

If we had a way to list all the Tags that are used on a server we would be able to use Tags like BuyLogs, StoneShop, or FaithInc instead and feel confident that the Tags would have a chance to be seen and used. This would encourage people to use more appropriate and unique tags for their location.
    bloodra1n and 607 like this.
  5. So you're saying that if there was a command such as /server tags or something, it would open up to more unique tags?
  6. I had to log in to make sure that wasn't an actual command I wasn't aware of...

Yes. If there were a command like that and people knew it existed, we could use something other than shop or mall and have confidence that people will be aware of them. I don't think the problem is necessarily that people are abusing the Tags: Shop and Mall, as much as they don't think they have any other choices if they want their tags to be used. The result is that everyone chooses the obvious tags and it puts us back where we started doing, /v random.
  7. So, I agree that the current tag system isn't very useful because it is cluttered with as many incorrect uses as good ones.

The tags were a very good idea that was never developed into a manageable system. That is to say that there is no administrative controls for the tag system at all! Mods can't remove tags, and there is no way other than in game to see who has flags set. There have been a couple of good ideas about how this could be done better, but the truth is, ANY system of management would be a huge improvement over the existing uncontrolled system.

Like I said, it was a good idea that needs to be developed if it's ever going to be useful.

Making a management system is a reasonable size project to expect a part time developer to do in a week or so. I can't imagine that this is more important than dragon tombs or the games server, so I regret to say that the only way to improve the system at this point is for players to ask other players to make corrections to their tags and spread information about how they should and shouldn't be used to as many people on the servers as they can.

This has me thinking a lot, so I will see if we can at least get moderators the ability to change/remove flags based on some reasonable rules. Like, a mall needs X products and a shop must have some products that are buyable, etc.
    mba2012, Pab10S and Kyzoy like this.
  8. Currently I see Tags being utilized to identify a player's residence individually other than just the number. If it is unique to the server - they can get people to /v +Special (whatever fits the situation)
  9. IMO, the saddest thing about tags is that there isn't a /v +ma on the mob arena res. :'(
    mba2012 and Pab10S like this.
  10. I've added a little something to the residence tag wiki page to inform anyone who visits the page. If you think it could be improved, just tell me :)
  11. Meh, I gave it a shot. Thank you for placing the tip there.

It is very annoying to other players if you use a tag without actually requiring it. For example, if you use a shop tag without having a shop, it will become annoying for players who are looking for a shop.

It is advised that you do not use a tag that does not describe your residence, your fellow players can get annoyed if you do. For example, do not use the tag +shop if you do not have a shop on your residence, it would only cause problems.
    mba2012 likes this.
  12. It's annoying to new players to use +mall or +shop and spend 30 mins going to res that have no shops or using them and hitting the same 3 shops.
  13. That's a nice one, I'll put that in instead of mine. :D
    SkyDragonv8 likes this.
  14. This should be what happens. That is the ideal situation. In this case, the system isn't flooded with fakes.
    mba2012 likes this.
  15. Half the time when I type /v +shop/mall, it takes me to either a res with no move perms, a unfinished shop/mall, a res with no shop at all, or a person only selling 1 item. It gets annoying when I need to buy something, and I come to a res with nothing to buy.
  16. Your right that is good. But when I got the same three and then 4 or 5 bad ones in a row it's annoying. The amount of unfinished malls is crazy. Or malls that are finished but not stocked.
  17. I hate it when people tag malls when they are nowhere near to being finished with construction...
  18. +1 great idea and is always bugging me when people tag for no reason. So +1 :)
  19. 40th lol I love this
    Gadget_AD likes this.