[Suggestion] EMC Communal Challenges

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by wisepsn, Mar 9, 2014.

1. 'Tis was sarcasm, if I read your post wrong. I was on my iOs device so here is my response 2.0
    You are right it is Minecraft. But it is just a name. Bubblebox.com is not just a box made of bubbles, Facebook is not a book with faces in it, Craig's List is not a list from Craig, they are just names. If Mojang wanted it to be about Mining and Crafting, they would remove mobs, survival, building, and pretty much everything that makes Minecraft fun. But since minecraft is just a name, it is made up of tons of things. Some people prefer mob hunting, mining, farming, or even watching cows mate. And I am a bit confused about the highlighted text, it is not brewcraft after all.

All in all, this will bring people the challenge they need to stay on the Empire longer. If they just wanted to break normal blocks, they would just play Singleplayer. EMC offers so much new mobs that should be in the challenges. Imagine if you were not good at mining, but good at mob fighting. How would you feel to be excluded out of the challenges because you suck at mining and brewing?
    Equinox_Boss, wisepsn and 607 like this.
  2. Seems legit.

It is not that you would not do mob challenges, it is just that you would have more possible things to do.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  3. How about we make they make MULTIPLE challenges, so if you like mining, there is a "Mine 1800 Stone". If there is a mob one, there could be "kill 10 MOMENTUSES". I want this to be for everyone.

Speaking of that, maybe aikar should comment *wink wink*
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  4. +Alltehnumberzzzz
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  5. It's a good idea, and I'm sure it will come into EMC at some point. It's essentially the 'quest' idea that has been mentioned before.

These ideas are near impossible to run as a player/staff, far to easy to exploit/cheat. Which will take all the fun out of it, and reward exploiting/cheating players.

It would have to be hard-coded in, to avoid very easy exploit of the system.
    It would still be exploitable for skilled players, but they'd still have to actually accomplish the tasks.

Otherwise, good ideas for the possible future quest system.
    Equinox_Boss, 607 and wisepsn like this.
  6. I know some prefer the combat and that's great if they enjoy it, I prefer building and mining and only see mobs in this game as something to be run through a loot grinder for more resources, not something to actually go looking for.

We all play differently and for different reasons, we all have fun doing it. I just want to make sure that there will be quests for those of us that do not enjoy zerging mindless hoards of mobs.

Fire floor, mob arenas, and the new pvp areas are great things for those that like that style of play in minecraft, they are just not my play style for minecraft. Each to their own style of fun, just don't forget there are many styles out there when thinking of a possible challenge/quest system.
    Pab10S, Equinox_Boss and 607 like this.
  7. Well I wanted it to be kind of at random, so if people don't like fight mobs, they can do another /challenge, rather than just having one.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  8. Exactly. Having different types of challenges so its not the same old tired thing every week or month would be great.

Very well put Wisepsn, that's what I was thinking but was just way to tired to get it worded properly on the earlier post I made.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  9. Bump!
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  10. Some challenges I thought of
    P: Plant 500 saplings
    C: Plant 50,000 saplings

P: Die 100 times
    C: Die 100,000 times

P: Kill 10 players
    C: Kill 100 players

P: Dig 1,000 blocks
    C: Dig 100,000 blocks
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  11. The thing is I don't want it to say "Kill Player" because players might think it would be alright to pvp in the wild.
  12. Here's a challenge: Hug a melon without nick noticing.
  13. That's actually not too difficult.
  14. Kill 10 players? You mean in the pvp arena?
  15. No, you have to hack into the empire and kill 10 players.
  16. What? That's not allowed!
  17. Another thought would be to sell some specific amount of product or get x amount of rupees from selling product in a week or months time - let the mall owners have a shot and challenges as well without making them go plant trees or kill mobs.