[SUGGESTION] Depth Strider on Voters Boots

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Hashhog, May 6, 2015.

?

Would you want Depth Strider III on Voters Boots

Yes - I think Depth Strider is a useful enchantment to have. 41 vote(s) 77.4%
Yes, but at a lower level (I or II). 9 vote(s) 17.0%
No - the Voters Boots would be too op. 1 vote(s) 1.9%
Yes/No - Other (Comment below with reasoning) 2 vote(s) 3.8%
  1. REMEMBER IT!!!
  2. Ah, yes, I forgot about that. /vote fixitem :)
  3. I'd really like to see a new voter's armor set with this - maybe chain or gold, one of the other two "weaker" armors (Iron and Diamond would be awesome, but I do concede the OP'ness).
    With voting bonuses no longer resetting and the time window being so generous, it's easier than ever to get a good streak going and keep it going - might give folks in the 300+ range some extra incentive after getting that fishing rod.
    porphos, ShelLuser, 607 and 4 others like this.
  4. I think chain armor would be pretty cool. :) I agree that some people may not have incentive after hitting the fishing rod, so another set could be beneficial to the Empire.
    607, luckycordel and Deadmaster98 like this.
  5. Yeah, Maybe a Second Set of Voters Armor could be a Different Color of Leather Armor (maybe Gold or Red?) With Protection III
    Baradar67 likes this.
  6. you can dye voters armour
    ShelLuser, 607 and PenguinDJ like this.
  7. The increased Prot on the leather would be a great idea. I would suggest it is just an upgrade voucher rather than a 2nd set. That would defeat the purpose of having these as an incentive for voting as many would sell them to the non-voting.
  8. Its funny because when 1.8 came out with the depth strider enchant I said to myself, wouldn't it be cool if on voters gear they had depth strider? Maybe like depth strider IV, something that makes it worth voting for! I also think the voters chestplate and plants could be redone since they arn't anything unobtainable such as feather falling IV and aqua infinity whatever it is. the chest and pants could maybe have normal protection but then along with it fire protection making it unobtainable since you can't have 2 types of protection together in normal minecraft enchanting and anvil combining, I think the "updated" voters gear is a great idea :)
  9. yes this is good, cos of Ocean Monuments :D
  10. omg! Gimme! I want to be a Water God!
    +1!
  11. +1 This will happen... or else! *laughs evilly*
  12. If it was level 5 or 200 or whatever, it would still just act like level 3, sadly. Really, the crazy high enchant level would only be decoration.
  13. If you had for example Depth Strider 5 Maybe that could make it act like you have speed 2?
  14. Umm...
    It doesn't quite work like that. :rolleyes:

depth strider info.png

I put major emphasis on "Any level beyond that will have no effect on speed."
    607 and hashhog3000 like this.
  15. I actually said this on one of my profile update thingies earlier :)
  16. Nope, that's just be like depth strider 3
  17. This thread deserves a bump because I really like the suggestion. :)
    hashhog3000, 607 and PenguinDJ like this.