[Suggestion] Buildmode Notification

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by MissBonnieParker, May 28, 2020.

1. I often turn on buildmode, then start building and forget if I turned it on or not. I would love (if possible to even do) if we made buildmode have a buff icon that is on the screen all the time.

It would help remind players if its on(so they can turn it off if needed) or remind players that they haven't turned it on by seeing if the buff is there or not. Maybe make it look like a hammer?
  2. this has been suggested before

:+1:

Totally needs to happen! Even if it is just the notification on the screen that you get already - just make that solid and stay on, without blinking off.
  3. ooops! I didn't mean to suggest it again then. I gave a look through the previously suggested thread and didnt see it, Should have looked harder..
    ShelLuser likes this.
  4. In all fairness it is being advertised through chat message updates but... Yah, I am no builder but I do agree that it could be useful to make this a bit more prominent.

I don't necessarily agree with an icon (because I fail to see how EMC would pull this off) but I DO agree with a shorter renew time. The chat status update? Could be shown with a 30sec timespan, or mayb even permanent (that's technically doable... maybe not desirable but...). There's also this lag aspect involved. Status updates... yah.

But even with that taken into consideration (and the amount of players)... I can't help wonder how much a little more exposure would hurt.
  5. I only meant that it has been brought up before. This was put to the side, as the update from 1.12 was more important. It is very good timing to discuss this again.
    :+1::+1::+1:
    MissBonnieParker likes this.

6. I think this is a good suggestion, it would be really nice to have it, the thing we have already is a good sign to know that we have build mode on, but i think i little icon on the top of our screen could be useful, or maybe the text we currently have on the top left or right of the screen! just a suggestion :)
  7. Currently limited in placement based on Minecraft code. Certain spots are coded for use, others aren't. Top left/right isn't coded currently.
    BennyBeltsjets likes this.
  8. So that is the best place we can put is just above the itembar! Im assuming it is very hard to code an affect to build mode.
  9. Thats what I was afraid the answer would be. Perhaps as Shel said shorting the time between the buildmode is active message would be a good step to take. Im sure it has something to do with "a watched pot never boils" but when Im waiting for that notice of its on it feels like it takes for-ev-ver(please read as Squints from the sandlot :))
  10. I think any form of notification about Build Mode is a good one.

Someone on the SMP9 public farm planted some build-moded blocks... I maintain that place when I can, and because of their build-moded blocks, I can no longer manage the farm and repair the parts that need to be corrected.
  11. I think more "clarification" as to whether build node is still on or not would be a good idea. I think that keeping in on when relogging (being away for less than a minute or so?) could also already help. :)

That is called "contacting staff and asking for the build moded blocks to be removed". :)
  12. Is it possible to just leave this notification on? in this place where it currently is. And not have it blink off and go away for most of the gameplay? Because we just need to know that BM is turned on and this would do it. It's already there, just make it not "blink" off and go away.
  13. I was just saying to keep in mind limits. What devs want to do is up to devs so I can't answer that.
    BennyBeltsjets likes this.
  14. I believe prevention is a good practice. I've been on a few Minecraft servers where a message frequently appears above the HUD to alert you that build-mode is on, and how to disable it. Prevention saves a lot of time. ;)
    KatydidBuild likes this.