[Suggestion] Being able to Remove Player History

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by CaptainFoxy_, May 26, 2018.

?

Think this should be added?

Yes 6 vote(s) 33.3%
With Revisions... Yes 5 vote(s) 27.8%
No (Discuss) 7 vote(s) 38.9%
  1. So I was just thinking with the /p you are able to find players history with names. That's all how it goes when you change your name, however, I think there should be a system where it's possible to remove that name history from the public.

As I know from previous experience here on this server, I want to be able to move away from my "Historic" past, my old names are kinda a weight that I don't want to have. I was given a fresh start back and that is how I see it with these names.

Now I thought of the repercussions of this being given as a command for all to use, this should be determined by staff only. Why? Well, there are some people that should be remembered as that old name, and removing that history from the player would hurt the history of EMC. Now as another fail-safe, the server keeps all info of old names behind closed doors. Of course, for moderation duties and for history lookup of your past. (Like Mine)

I want to see what you think and if you want to add to this please discuss! :)

I was also given a suggestion as a player setting where this information can be hidden from public view. Still in the system yet hidden.
    Sydney_43 and NuclearBobomb like this.
  2. not even emc is safe from the EU's GDPR compliance muahaha
    mba2012 and Sydney_43 like this.
  3. +1 I'd pay a token fee to remove my previous names which are now alts..
  4. The data's still public on sites such as NameMC.com, so removing it on EMC isn't particularly effective.
    luckycordel, Tuqueque and ShelLuser like this.
  5. I have to go -1 on this.

Although I can understand that you don't like your old name the history on EMC is only a small part of it.

The other reason why I'm not much in favor is because this system can actually help you find players. I seriously get confused with all the name changes and the history in /p helps me to keep track of who is who. Which I think is only fair.
  6. Regardless, if someone wants to take the time and do that... That's fine. It's the fact you are able to remove old from /p is still worth looking into
    There are sometimes which people don't want to be found for their old name, it gives them that chance only that minute protection from that search onto the web.
  7. That is kind of making users waste time going to namemc while it should be accesible.

If you are looking to have a new identity the only option right now is get an alt, because well name changes dont really change your identity. And they should not mean an identity change

That is why I think they should remain easily accessible ingame
    luckycordel likes this.
  8. I would like this, but i am pretty sure Aikar has already said no to this suggestion
  9. FadedMartian likes this.