[Suggestion] Allow more filtering with boss/enraged spawns

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by ShelLuser, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Hi gang,

Right now we have a setting in the /ps section which allows us to turn the spawning of enraged mobs and bosses on and off. I'm wondering if it would make sense to add a bit more filtering to that.

For example; in vanilla Minecraft you only need to worry about hostile mobs, not so much the neutral ones. However, when it comes to the enraged variants then this difference isn't made anymore. And because it's not always obvious if a mob is enraged or not you sometimes get blindsided because at first you expected a neutral mob.

As such I'm wondering if it wouldn't make sense to allow us to turn off the enraged neutrals and allow us to keep the enraged hostiles? Right now the only option we have is to turn everything on or off.

So basically you'd have "vanilla", "vanilla+" and "emc" based enemies.

I have to admit that I'm a little biased: ran into a few enraged mobs yesterday which caused quite a ruckus and the only reward we got were some carrots, making me seriously wonder why I'd even want to bother with that. However, if you turn the whole thing off then you're also missing out on enraged zombies, skeletons, endermen, creepers, etc. which I do consider a good challenge because they're normally already hostile and usually drop a little more stuff than the vanilla variant would, making the threat actually worth it.
  2. Plus 1 for the idea!
  3. +7 for the idea :p