Staff Head Acquisition Information

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by SirLoneStar, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Contribution and Build are Schrodinger's Staff.. They are staff per-say, but they don't get additional perks like mods and stuff do.. Unless that has changed in recent months.
  2. when i was staff i think i sold mine really cheap? or even free, beacuse i feel its a missuse to make people pay sooooo much for something that shouldn't be worth more than anyone else because you are still a player, just because you're green shouldn't mean you have the right to charge out the butt for someone to have your head that is just as worthy as someone who's not a mod...
    and when i did sell mine, i just told them to pay me whatever they wanted, if they wanted to because i didn't care to get anything back..
    i also still give mine out to anyone who wants retired heads/signature by way of suicidal pvp xD
  3. I was a contributor up until a month ago and we weren't staff at all, in any form. We had no power over the players at all and community teams didn't have a rank in-game.
    LoneStarInc, FDNY21 and battmeghs like this.
  4. people still sometimes ask for contribution heads for their musuems :p which is why I said that
    LoneStarInc and PenguinDJ like this.
  5. I know, I was just pointing out to autumn that contribution team members aren't staff. :)
    LoneStarInc and battmeghs like this.
  6. I will find it, and I will pay it. :p
    LoneStarInc likes this.
  7. sometimes I hang out in there for fun ;)
    LoneStarInc likes this.
  8. :O jealous. That's one head I really want is a seffy one. :)
    LoneStarInc likes this.

9. winkwink nudgenudge ;)
    LoneStarInc likes this.
  10. Same with Burger :p I told him he was the best straight from field, grass fed, flame grilled burger of a mod last night and it made him so flattered I got a head :p
    LoneStarInc likes this.
  11. Oh Q, really?
  12. I couldnt help it
    LoneStarInc likes this.
  13. Red Krysyy head is for winning netherspleef held by Krysyy.
    LoneStarInc likes this.
  14. This is a post that I made over a year ago when I was in the CT. I used the term of Schroedinger to bring in a chaos theorem in to describe at the very least, Contribution Team. If CT was not staff, they would not have read/write access to both the blog and wiki. But as the staff affiliation stops there, the access is limited, as the wiki tracks changes just like wikipedia and rollbacks can be made to erase changes and blog posts have to be proofread and approved via admins. There are no perks apart from what I stated. And to further note that at least CT are in the very least considered staff without some much of a familiarization, Kryssy made this post a few days ago in regards to a suggestion that former staff get possible forum titles denoting former staff:

The only reason that I stepped down from the Contribution Team is that I felt like I was not able to do anything given the blog timelines and the wiki pages usually appears and being edited relatively quickly. I also accepted a position with another server wherein I was in charge of the Creative Team at that server, a job title that I lost when that server discontinued service.
    LoneStarInc likes this.
  15. No it is not it was a regular blue head
    LoneStarInc likes this.
  16. The info for me is not quite accurate. I don't give them out willy-nilly, but I do occasionally make them available as prizes for a randomly selected (by me) Staff event- usually Fire Floor or Mob Arena. That's why I tell people to follow me on the forums. I'll make some sort of announcement about a day prior.

I'd also like the winners to comment on said posts so I know who got them. So far I think I've given out 3 or 4, can't really remember. I'd really like to know where they are...
    LoneStarInc likes this.
  17. Some updates, since the OP does appear to want this thread to continue and was asking for info in-game on how to make it more accurate-

Seffychan is a former moderator staff member, and her new name is LittleRobotSeffy.
    highlancer54 is a former staff member at this point.
    TheDarkModRises is a former moderator staff member, and their new name is DarkModFallen.
    AlexChance is AlexC__ now.
    UberCorq is no longer a staff member.
    Dreacon78 is no longer a staff member.
    Zion_Moyer is a former moderator staff member.
    Hashhog is now a senior staff member.
    ItsMeMatheus is no longer a staff member.
    Breezyman is now just a moderator rather than a developer.
    Archdukemelon is now EmperorMelon.

There are some other changes on the staff page, but these are just the ones I know of that may not be so apparent from that page. Hope that helps!

And in case OP truncates what I told them about obtaining my head:
    To obtain one of my heads, you must /sendmail me one of your heads. I keep all of these heads and I do not sell them. I will /sendmail one of my heads back. If you wish to obtain a duplicate, you must use another account to /sendmail me a head, or buy one from another player, or obtain one from an event (because once I get my training wheels removed I do plan to drop them at events :p ).
    LoneStarInc, Kytula and jacob5089 like this.
  18. Yeah, at some point I may get to that too. CT, build, stream team... all the side teams do well at offering their time and efforts. Right now I'm just trying to catch up on this list. I will DEFINITELY take you up on this when it comes time to work on that list though. Thanks!

Added you to the list. Also, very cool outlook on the subject. Thanks for pvping with me :)

I don't think it's so mch about the extra power as it is about being willing to offer your time to help out a community you love. I still say I want one of your heads man!

Bwahaha good luck! Also, what could we put down for your info, hrm? Also, nice Taken reference!

Updated your info. Also, that's a really good idea. Anyone who has the more rare staff heads can feel free to comment on this thread too; however, please don't expect me to keep track of that for everyone too.

Thanks for the help! I do want this thread to continue as it's meant to help anyone who is looking for the info. Between work, school, and other real life stuff, it's been difficult to update lately. Im hoping to rectify that. Thanks for the info, also. I've sent you mail tonight :)
    Sachrock likes this.
  19. that moment when "
    • BurgerKnight - Will exchange for 1 compliment."

20. There are a few of my heads out there...two to be exact. I am not currently giving it away at this time.
    LoneStarInc and Sachrock like this.