Stads' ModPack

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by Stads0, Dec 21, 2012.

1. This is honestly one of the most helpful guides on these forums +1 Mate :)
    _Stads_ likes this.
  2. Please note if you are black screening after installing Minecraft Forge, delete META-INF from minecraft.jar copy minecraft forge file then leave the new META-INF as it is ;)
    NINJATTILA likes this.
  3. You should just upload it to the technic pack platform and people can download it that way.
    Upload it here.
  4. Will that involve gathering permission from all the respective owners in order to redistribute? If not then yes I shall do that ;)
    NINJATTILA likes this.
  5. If you are letting other people have it now, you should do that.
  6. I don't think I entirely understand what your saying however; at the moment I have links to the download pages publicly accessible and published by the mod developers... For instance if the developer has an adf.ly, that is the link I use. I do not have permission from any of the respective owners to redistribute the files and so I am a bit hesitant to publish this as a modpack on the technic pack platform.

If I choose to compile a mod pack to upload to the technic pack platform will I be required to gather permission from the developers of the mods that I'm using? For example will I need to ask the devs of OptiFine if I can use it in my modpack in order to upload it to the technic pack platform, yay or nay?
    NINJATTILA likes this.
  7. Yay, but you'd have to do that if you give a link to any full modpack.
  8. Yeah, so I probably won't publish this as an automatic install mod pack due to the fact that I would have to gather permission from all the mod developers ;)
    NINJATTILA likes this.
  9. Rei's Minimap doesn't require Minecraft Forge. I don't actually think it requires anything; but I know for a fact that forge is not needed.
  10. you are correct that Rei's Minimap does not need forge. but it doesn't hurt either. Nice to have installed if you want to install any other mods later. especially since I think they share at least one class file; which you need to install the Rei's minimap one second.
    mba2012 and _Stads_ like this.
  11. As chickeneer said it cannot hurt. However for the purpose of backing up your waypoints modloader and forge makes it a lot easier. Some of the minimap files are located in "%appdata%/.minecraft/mods" once forge or modloader are installed. this makes accessing them easier. ;)

If you would prefer I can adjust something in the OP to make it clearer that Rei's Minimap does not require forge although it is a nice bonus?
    NINJATTILA likes this.
  12. That would be great, as you have it like this.

(maybe Rei's Minimap: Minecraft Forge Recommended?)
  13. Better?
    henpenben and NINJATTILA like this.
  14. NINJATTILA likes this.
  15. Inventory Tweaks has been updated and is now compatible with NEI! In order to install it now all you need to do is copy it into the "/mods" folder. You can download the 1.5.2 compatible version here: http://adf.ly/PtyBB
    NINJATTILA likes this.
  16. Bug found: When you take any amount of damage, your health appears as if you have no health however you do. Hearts reappear when health is full.

This is due to advanced HUD if you need to know about your health uninstall the mod by deleting it from your "/mods" folder ;)
  17. I've been looking around for awesome new additions to this modpack of sorts and have come across this little gem: Animated Players Mod

Let me know if you'd like this to be added ;)
  18. Okay as well as that other mod would you like any of these mods to be added?
    • Mumble Link - Don't think it will work unless all players communicating have it installed...
    • ItemFrameLagFix - Only renders Item Frames at a closer distance... Reduces lag!
    • Custom Volume - Make thunder quieter or modify any other sound in MC!
    • ArmourStatusMod - You'll see durability on tools and armour (without having to press F3 + H) on the HUD
    I have not tested any of these mods with compatibility or reliability. I merely found them as acceptable EMC mods and thought they looked good ;) If I decide to implement them I will of course test them for compatibility!
  19. Hey guys, long time no see... I have updated this Modpack for compatibility with Minecraft 1.6.2 I am currently updating the OP for you all ;)

Couple of things, I have removes Autoswitch from the modpack as I feel it can be awfully cheaty especially in Survival Games. I have not included the Bookz mod as it isn't working. I am looking for a mod that functions in the same way the CustomVolume mod works however it must be compatible with Minecraft Forge, let me know if you find one.

Sorry about not having updated this sooner, I will try to keep it updated faster in the future :D
  20. The OP has been updated with the installation and downloads for the Minecraft Mods in Minecraft 1.6.2, I understand that the installation is significantly longer however it is due to how modding is needed to be done these days... I will make a video for how to install the compilation of mods given it is very confusing as soon as I get my new recording software.

As per normal if anyone runs into any issues let me know on this thread so that it can be resolved publicly so that if anyone else is having the same issue they can figure out how to fix it too :D