Sooo...School's closed.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by synth_apparition, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Haha, I know. Everybody in my school is like:
    "...But it's spring...why is it snowing?"
    I used to get snow once a year, one christmas it snowed alot and then it stopped. It was really snowy at the end of 2012 and we can't go more than a few weeks without snow now >.>

I'm waiting for my tadpoles I can adopt, still...Frogs aren't breeding in the cold though and i've been seeing alot of dead ones in the pond because it's too cold >.>
  2. Admittedly, the UK is rubbish at dealing with snow and adverse weather. If it snows just a little bit its just like the country goes into lock down because we are not used to it . Roads aren't gritted and cleared so they close, this makes teachers and staff not be able to get to school so it closes. It rains and little more than expected and some parts of the UK flood because they live in low lying flood planes and because we can't deal with it properly. Runways aren't cleared so it closes aiports. Since all this 'climate change' you can notice how are weather changes. It used to snow maybe once a year or once every two years and now its happening several times of year and its now snowing in march (when its normally getting warmer for summer)
    mba2012 and SoulPunisher like this.
  3. I don't get why people are so worried about climate change. It will always happen, it's just speeding up. Animals die because of climate change, which is one of the main causes of extinction.

We're also still in the ice age, but it's just a bit warmer than it was a few million years ago :)
  4. We had a 3 year gap inbetween snowing until 2010 :p
  5. I said that wasnt my school:p My school system doesnt close school, the bus company does.
    mba2012 likes this.
  6. Does your yard stay like that 24/7? xD
  7. Kinda.
    In the winter yes; During the summer its alot nicer:p
  8. Last night, I was up halfway across the country with my da making orders and deliveries (he works as a sale manager at a catering service) and some of the snow was unreal.
  9. Lawl. Went to the ski slope today, and when we were leaving I went ahead of my dad, waited for him for 5 minutes and decided to leave. My shoe slipped off and I didn't realize, and sunk my foot into 2 feet of snow. I cursed and put my foot back into my shoe, carried on walking for a few minutes, I couldn't feel my toes so I decided to take my sock off because it was soaked.

Then I couldn't put my shoe back on, so half of my naked foot was sticking out. Then I fell over a few times and the foot got covered in snow, and the burning sensation was possibly the worst pain i've ever been in. I decided to carry on walking, and collapsed again. I did this a few times until I got close back to home.

I stepped into the porch, screamed as I took my shoe off, proceeded to wiggle my toes, and learned my dad was worried about me. I went into my room in pain, unable to walk on my foot, and it took atleast 50 minutes before I could walk on that foot again.

It still hurts whenever I move my skin on my foot.

Frostbite is really bad.
  10. Hey I have ash days in California for when the state becomes on fire. Does that count as a semi snow day?
  11. mba2012 and southpark347 like this.
  12. Get a specific pair of shoes that don't slip off?
  13. My shoes are these:

They're designed for walking in the snow.
    And my gloves are these:
  14. This is my walking/snow kit:

15. Something like that ;)
    adsingh likes this.