Sooo...School's closed.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by synth_apparition, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Lets see... I don't think they cancel school for fog here in San Francisco... :(
  2. PandasEatRamen likes this.
  3. I've got break next week, I can wait till that... Honestly I hate snow days, or rather making them up :/ I'd much prefer getting out for summer break asap than a snow day. Here in Wisconsin, we usually don't close school for lots of snow(though it does make a difference) but more for road conditions and the temperature outside... I think if it's like -15 degrees Fahrenheit with wind chill most schools around will close. With all the liability and people suing for the littlest of things, bus companies have a big say in whether were off of school or not I believe.
  4. Thats not that much last year here in Mn we had over 5 feet of snow at one point
  5. Jake_bagby likes this.
  6. So it can become rich, or what? :p
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  7. LOL I was like Bug on a ygeshig?
    mba2012 and jkjkjk182 like this.
  8. I can't afford any more snow, or less spring break. Thank you Hurricane Sandy.
    mba2012 likes this.
  9. That signiture
    Oh god why
    adsingh likes this.
  10. ... ? ...
  11. It is so...
    Hilarious.
    adsingh likes this.
  12. Thanks :D
  13. Rediculous? You get to miss school for the smallest sign of snow!
    It would take probably 10 feet of snow for my school to be closed.
  14. Because it only rains here my school doesn't close often. But when it does it's normally because it's bucketing down rain and buildings are leaking...
  15. This is my school:
    http://st-chads.co.uk/

We've had one day finish at 4th period due to 'adverse' weather conditions (it was snowing non-stop all night and wouldn't stop until 6:00PM and some roads were shutting down) and the second day we weren't in school at all, because the snow hadn't stopped and roads had closed down. Then on the Monday we had an extended tutor time so they could decide whether or not we were fit to stay in. We were, but I missed most of 2nd period.

Then on Thursday night it was snowing lightly, and didn't stop. It got really heavy so they closed school.

And to those who are saying 'light snow', I live in Murdishaw, the newest part of my town that is located down in the south-west of it. Up in the north west (halton lodge, and halton brook) is my school, and according to my best friend the snow was 4 foot deep in some areas.
  16. I am not cold because I have a snuggie :cool:
  17. ...
    Or because you live in Spain.
  18. No, Madrid is very cold in winter... But dry, so there's almost no snow. But there's a lot of wind, 3 weeks ago I was walking down my street and my umbrella literally was smashed to pieces.
  19. We only get snow like twice a year (or at least before all this climate change started becoming noticable), so we don't really have the infrastructure to deal with snow, and everything just stops after about 5 snowflakes, haha
    Jake_bagby likes this.
  20. It's sunny here now... But it snowed this week, even if it's spring already.