Something Fishy 8 Feb (4EMC/9GMT)

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by IceQueenDawn, Sep 30, 2015.

1. I may go to this if I can. :)
  2. I couldve come if it was after 5....

Edit: it starts on my birthday!
  3. The times vary per host.
  4. This is like the 6th new post on the homepage today.. =P

FNW (Fishing Night Wednesdays!) <------- like this one the best :)
    WFN (Wednesdays Fishing Nights)
    NFW (Night of Fishing Wednesdays)
    607 likes this.
  5. Day varies per host. I believe the ones that aren't Seffychan are all on Monday...
  6. my idea!!! stolen :p
  7. I like Thursdays and Tuesdays. My two favorite days of the week. I am less full of crabcakes on those days.
    PS: I have a vault page full of renamed fish. Prepare to get one. (this is not a Promo)
    Dramanya likes this.
  8. :)
    Tbh i had thought of fishing a few times, some some reason i was sure, it would be a no'show.
    when
    DanialBuchinger put the event in the suggestion box, i saw the replies to it, and thought why not? after accepting his idea from the box, i started actively
    working on getting it running. and that is why he is credited, cause he and his suggestion was the reason this went in to full motion.

:D
    607 and DanialBuchinger like this.
  9. Ooh, cool, so this became official? Better yet: 1PM is perfectly doable for me so I'll definitely try to participate in this one, me & my voters fishing rod are ready! :D

And its a good thing too since I got way too much food in my chests right now (did a lot of mob hunts lately, especially my hunt for leather got me lots of other stuff) so I'll be sure to bring plenty of spares to share with the rest.

Well, this is just my variation mind you but...

First you buy yourself a DC of TNT in an auction. Expensive, I know, but well worth it. Then you find yourself a lake and place the TNT at the bottom (this works best with shallow ponds or rivers). Then you dig down underneath the TNT "layer" and start adding triggers. Preferably powered by a redstone randomizer (which was the tricky part for me, kinda failed but meh...) and you place the triggering button next to your fishing spot.

So the next time you fail to catch a fish you simply push the button to try your luck with some good ole' TNT blast-fishing. The excitement will even rise when other players happen to be fishing in the water as well (just so we're clear: they perfectly knew what was going on obviously, this is not the kind of trolling you should be doing on random players, that wouldn't be funny anymore).

One glitch remains though... For some reason I was never capable of catching one single fish using my TNT. :D

Reminds me to work out my randomizers again ;)

Oh well, maybe I should bring some TNT to the event as well, you never know if it might come in handy ;)

(EDIT):

Yeah, so now you got no other choice but to attend and make sure that they do it right :D
    BevK56, 607 and DanialBuchinger like this.
  10. lovely!
    607 likes this.
  11. In my history of MC i have caught about 40 fish... not much experience with this kind of stuff
  12. And it looks really nice, too.
    ItsMeWolffpack likes this.
  13. It sounds great but it's in the middle of a work day. I'm afraid I can't make it. If it were to be on a weekend that would be great.
  14. Nice! I'd be able to make an hour of this, too! :)

That looks very cool, for some reason. How did it happen, anyway? If I quote it, they're all in the same column.
  15. Yay I have my voter fishing rod already!
    Seffychan likes this.
  16. Me toooo
  17. I couldn't resist!
  18. interestingly interesting.
  19. I know its not the 8th today, but ItsMeMatheus just held a fishing (and flying on pigs) event on smp2. Is that related to this event?