So my school is banning Minecraft.net

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Mrlegitislegit, Aug 31, 2012.

?

Stupidest thing you have ever heard

Yes 55 vote(s) 57.9%
No 40 vote(s) 42.1%
  1. He blocks java and flash and he logs every site we go on to and which ever are game sites he blocks...
  2. Even though a keylogger is not illegal, he his somewhat spying on you, as he is recording everything you type. This can include name, which he already knows, passwords, usernames, phone numbers, address, email, and other stuff. Once again, tell your parents about this. Get them to tell them to stop spying on you, and if they dont, see if the cops could help, as it is invasion of privacy.
  3. the school knows about it... many teachers use it, and the school pays for it for gods' sake... he is spying but my parents cant do anything about it either...

P.S. when did this become a debate about my privacy to my teacher at my school? lol
  4. i cant even google
  5. Since you brought it up.

Your Parents can do something. Just get them to talk to the school. If it gets bad, possibly transfer. If you ask me, someone who sits at a desk, creeps on his students, and trys to make school even worse, should not be teaching.
  6. I have him for like 50min a day... Its not a big deal
  7. So 50 mins of him looking at you. What class is this anyways.
  8. This is Introduction to Engineering Design (IED) its in high school
  9. Its blocked at our school too thought we all have it on our school account xD
  10. our school blocks java, what minecraft (and MANY other games) need to function.
  11. It's totally legal. He won't abuse it, I'm sure. The school would most certainly fire him if that happened, and then it would become an invasion of privacy.
  12. Now I feel VERY luky that our school has AMD's amazing FX-4170 and a steady FPS of about 50 ish (Normal render distance Fancy other stuff) I wish we had better Video cards :/
  13. but at our school we also get private laptops (you can bring your own or you can get one through school (I use my beloved Sony Vaio VPCEE3Z03 man I never look back xD best part is nothing is blocked (as in java but they do use URL bans) oh and the school PC's themselves need java for course work (IT Multimedia java programming classes)
  14. He will have to unblock it sooner or later... this is a 3-d design class...
    Squizzel_Boy likes this.
  15. I'm going into a Video Production class, I wonder how that'll work.
  16. You and me both! See your besties and give em' a big ol' bear hug! Maybe a kiss or two ;)
  17. My school doesn't let you bring your own laptops. but I'd bring my ASUS G75VW if I could.

I don't want to have to give specs, but you could accurately predict the power when I tell you it's 10lbs.
  18. Our school provides computers for 6th 7th and 8th graders.
  19. at my school, they banned headphones/ear buds in class, and they put a set of ear buds in our school kit.
    *claps hands in applause to how smart the school is*
    princebee likes this.
  20. Me didnt understand