So my school is banning Minecraft.net

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Mrlegitislegit, Aug 31, 2012.

?

Stupidest thing you have ever heard

Yes 55 vote(s) 57.9%
No 40 vote(s) 42.1%
  1. Sane.
    Exactly, it's ridiculous they're complaining.
  2. In fun lessons (the last day before christmas and summer break) the teachers let us go on games. I had Minecraft on a USB I lost at the beginning of the year, I couldn't even open it because the file was blocked because it was a game, and then when you log into Minecraft.net it blocks you from the page and the school's computers are so crap they can't even run the classic version :p

So we went on happy wheels. That got blocked because my whole entire class went on it, so we had to use the demo. That got boring so we began to use QWOP. That got blocked too, so on the last day we just went on Pandemic 2 xD Everybody loves trying to wipe out the whole world and we had a race to see who could kill the whole world. I almost won and then it was tutor time.

Also, we now have tutor back in the morning, not the end of the day like it was before we broke up! :D
  3. My school lets us play QWOP, I think. But only because their never watching.
  4. They don't teach me ANYTHING. I have discalculia, so I will always be the level I am now at maths, which is 2B. That's the level of a freaking kindergartner.
    I like biology. Simply because I love animals and we raised some chickens at school, I checked in on them every break time even when they were eggs. I was the first person to hold one :D
    I am best in History. My overall result was 6A and that was because I educated myself. Buy alot of history books, read them, and search online. Plus the teacher who taught me History was the one who diagnosed my discalculia for me and I've been thankful ever since, because I was skitted for not being able to do Maths. My primary school teachers knew but they kept it a secret from me and I hate them for that. My sister broke her arm and they said it wasn't even a twisted muscle and she would be fine. She was in a cast for 8 weeks!

I also want to be either a vet or somebody who works at a zoo for a few years, because I like working with animals, but I have always wanted to make games which is what I am doing now. I think i'll make a few game mods over the years and let people donate to me so I can get a small job.

As for English, I am good at it, as you can probably tell from my posts, but my teacher says 'I'm not good enough' and I get 1 to 1 for it with a few other dumb people from my class.
  5. My RE teacher (who also owned the best ICT room because her main subject was ICT) let us play on Happy Wheels and she even laughed at some of the deaths we made :p The head of history, while he was minding us when my RE teacher went to a meeting on the last day, let us play on QWOP and he was playing it too.

Best. Teacher. Ever.

He also unblocked GIRP and FLOW for us :p
  6. Just now? My school probably banned it during 0.0.0.17. :D
  7. My School hasn't banned any games because they trust us to do our work :D

EDIT: "cough cough play games all day cough cough"
  8. I go to an all boys school how do you think I feel! :(
  9. Wait, people are allowed to bring their personal computers to school now?
    Otherwise, downloading things to a school computer should be against the rules.
    (Also, about 1998golfer's teacher, why are you doing anything worth watching during class?)
    mba2012 likes this.
  10. What's 20 times 37?
    mba2012 likes this.
  11. Schools shouldn't allow games during school hours period.
  12. My school banned pretty much every site execpt cool math games >.<
    mba2012 likes this.
  13. I have no idea. Really.
    mba2012 likes this.
  14. My school hasn't caught onto it yet. My cousin is 16 this year and she's been doing this since she was my age :p
  15. I made a really mean response with around 200 swears in it but i decided to delete it this is my true opinion

Screw the School Board
  16. i hang out with my friends (mostley girls dont know why) and even if i hate school as much as you catch up on work in a indoor recess i would do it and join clubs i love computers so i slapd my name on any club that involvs computers and why did they ban it well thats not just why because kids werer swearing you see its unhealthy to be on the computer alot so they want you to not be on it to much back then when there was no computers you would hang out with friends but the only way you can get minecraft at your school is from a mod that teaches you stuff and you get to build and play so you have fun anf still learn
  17. Probably worse then my total uncaring and indifference. I presume you feel an emotion.
    snozles likes this.
  18. I fixed your post. Everything in pink is all you needed to say and you could have probably said without any spelling or punctuation mistakes. You can thank me later.
    SparerToaster likes this.
  19. I don't have recess
  20. i dont catch up on work all the time only when it needs to be done (1-5 times a year i have to catch up)