So my school is banning Minecraft.net

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Mrlegitislegit, Aug 31, 2012.

?

Stupidest thing you have ever heard

Yes 55 vote(s) 57.9%
No 40 vote(s) 42.1%
  1. You should be in school to learn, not to play mincraft. and if inside recess or whatever it is is boring socialize :p
    hayjam and nfell2009 like this.
  2. I really don't see this a issue when ever I'm at school and were using computers at school I just usually just sit near my friends and type random stuff, also I could play minecraft its just that our school got this new system where it logs what you do on the internet and there's no way around it because you have to sign in with your account anyways.
  3. I think Minecraft is better. I'm 14, and I think Minecraft is better then your alternative. Also, I miss recess...
  4. Minecraft is better? uhm ok :)
  5. Haha lol :)
  6. Honestly, in my school, all the girls have the same interests. All their interests would probably destroy my soul. And I like my soul...
    princebee likes this.
  7. My school just banned minecraft altogether too. Some people got into a fight then someone managed to bring minecraft into it and we can't even talk about it. But as I have managed to find a loophole.
  8. At least you guys have recess, I think High School should have it, or at least nap time, that would be nice...
    princebee likes this.
  9. I have a teacher in Engineering who uses LanSchool to block minecraft.net also... he watches each individual monitor at once on his screen. He also blocks programs, he blocked javaw.exe so minecraft, even the launcher, can not run. He also blocks external drives, so i cant even plug in a flash drive! sometime during class, jsut to mess with us, he takes control of our screens and exite out of internet, documents, and more. He can take complete control of any and every computer in his classroom from his laptop... It is funny, yes, but it is also annoying...
  10. lol nap time... *sigh*
    My school blocks everything with a proxy, and they block workarounds such as: https, other proxys, etc... but i still go on facebook and youtube :). the programs they use are microsoft forefront and lanschool.
  11. Sounds like China.
    SunnyDayz100 and oidgod like this.
  12. lol... im in colorado. and ya... it sucks.
  13. Also, if hes looking at EVERY MONITOR, isn't that invasion of privacy, which, I believe, could get him fined/fired.
  14. Hello, Mrlegitislegit's school? Ever heard of Minecraft.edu!?!?!?
  15. Naw... in school there is apparently "No expectation of privacy whatsoever" and yes, he watches every monitory constantly... i cant perform my work-around hacking unless hes getting more coffee -_- and i have a history (apparently) of hacking from my old school to this one, so he sometimes JUST watches mine of his whole monitor, sometimes even puts it up on the projector...
    mba2012 likes this.
  16. So your school has the ability to put up a selected screen on the projector? My Thankfully doesnt
  17. I would still get your parents involved with this. By looking at your screen and also others screens, he can get your passwords and usernames for ANY SITE YOU USE, which he could use. Even though I doubt he would do that, you and the others have a right to your privacy, no matter what the school says.
    DogsRNice and mba2012 like this.
  18. Yes, my school pays 3 grand USD per year for this software called lanschool. look it up and see what horrors it can brind to a student like me
    mba2012 likes this.
  19. But, he does get your keystrokes, your passwords, and everything you type he records... its like a keylogger built in too. And the school does what they want, when they want reguarding this stuff... apparently
    mba2012 likes this.
  20. It;s totally legal, considering at the end of the day, as much as you hate it, their doing it for the students own good. When I'm bored and have time at school, I Google search Zerg Rush. Or I play some flash game, but most of the time on on Wikipedia, or some other wiki.