So I looked at the new 1.9 snapshots..

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by ShelLuser, Jul 30, 2015.

1. 15w36c is the latest version... by the way, before trying a snapshot on an existing world, make a back-up of it. Snapshots can always corrupt your world, even though it's quite unlikely when you use the latest snapshot and a snapshot hasn't been released for 3 days.
    ShelLuser and Penguinub like this.
  2. You get them the new ones when they come out the same way you got the ones you have now...
  3. This was really nice! I went into the snapshots and was really confused at what was new and how to do stuff you know what i'm sayin. Really liked seeing all the new info in one place.
    607 likes this.
  4. Players pushing players? =P That isn't going to be good.

*Pushes friend into ravine.*
  5. There's a way to turn it off, though. I'm guessing the developers will have it disabled, actually, as it would prevent many problems.
    Galantisizer likes this.
  6. You can just snowball them into ravines anyway
    Galantisizer likes this.
  7. Wait now can you use BOTH hands?!?!?:eek:
    f_Builder_sDaNub likes this.
  8. 1.9 WILL RUIN MIENCRAFT!!!1!111!1!ONE!11//!

No, not really. People will still play, a third of the community will not leave, and 1.9 will not mean the Minecraft apocalypse. That being said, I do not like 1.9 at all. I really hope Mojang considers scrapping the changes, but I really doubt they will.

I can't say I like the idea of having to wait for a weapon to recharge. Personally, I liked the spam-click PvP. People will get used to the new system, though.

What I really dislike, though, is the golden apple changes that came in the newest snapshot. If you're not aware, enchanted golden apples (gapples) give 30 seconds of Regeneration V in 1.8. In the latest snapshot, however, a god apple only gives 20 seconds of Regeneration II. Basically gapples are useless now.

What you can spend 1,000r on, or loads of time farming for, can be replaced with a Regeneration II potion and a Fire Resistance potion, which combined cost 50r, max. Golden apples are no longer a viable tool due to their extremely high cost and low rewards. Personally, I'd like to see them bring back the old crafting recipes.
    607, ShelLuser, Galantisizer and 3 others like this.
  9. How dare mojang make combat not be spam clicking!
  10. Awesome cant wait!
  11. i heard something about shields ? is it true
  12. is the wither ai being changed? if so i need to know i have a wither powered mining area
  13. Cool am excited already
  14. thank you so much for this! some of it looks amazing to me, LOVE the poison tipped etc arrows! brilliant! might even lure me into PvP one day...

as for the End stuff...wonder if it will be possible to explore these things without facing the dragon... which i still have not been able to kill... i also have never managed to find the treasure in an underwater palace...

i kinda suck...

but yes! awesome! thank you!
    ShelLuser likes this.
  15. Mojang is "nerfing" everything. Hmm. We should make a petition against all the nerfs.
  16. /give yourself a super-god sword
    welshficwitch likes this.
  17. I personally am looking forward to testing out all the horrible and wonderful effects of the new arrows on all my captive livestock.:D
    607, ShelLuser and Galantisizer like this.
  18. This does not relate to MC 1.9, but i found awesome that FINALLY they released a proper nether in the mobile version!(also windows 10 version is compatible with mobile)
    607 and Galantisizer like this.
  19. ... INVISIBLE SHEEP!!!
    Galantisizer and tuqueque like this.
  20. 100. :)

All these fails/nerfs... Meh.

Some of the stuff is good. Spectral arrows? :cool: