So I looked at the new 1.9 snapshots..

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by ShelLuser, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Hey all, am I too slow to figure this out?...This is a pre-release still, correct? And when 1.9 comes out, even if you already have a minecraft account, it looks like you will have to pay to upgrade. Is this right? Or will it be the same as when previous updates came out?
  2. You will NEVER have to pay for updates.
    Patr1cV, 607, SoulPunisher and 2 others like this.
  3. the initial end island is not infinite. And only after you defeat the ender dragon the portal appears and it transports you to a different dimension, if I understand it correctly. So, ender grinders are safe.
  4. wow, I cannot wait for this new update! The skeleton looks awesome! The new arrow types an ender dragon head oh my god I just can't wait. I hope Bill Gates doesn't totally screw up minecraft xD
  5. Bill Gates has nothing to do with Minecraft. Mojang is still developing it. Microsoft just gets all the profits.
  6. I keep forgetting to play the snapshots. This looks really cool so maybe I won't forget this time.
    Nickblockmaster likes this.
  7. That is not what I meant. Now if you load any new chunks next to enderman grinders you will get random floating islands that you have to slab/light. At least that's how I understood it.
  8. Enderdragon head my god my life is great. I can forsee a update of emc adding "The end" wasteland
    ShelLuser likes this.
  9. Bill Gates isn't even the CEO anymore, they hired Satya Nadella to be the new CEO.

But yea, I can't wait for the update! I feel bad for the Dev's here- they just finished updating EMC for another HUGE update, now theres another
    ScrOcraft likes this.
  10. 1.8 was a messy code update, which is why it took EMC a long time to get through it. 1.9 is supposed to mainly be a cosmetic update, with no huge code changes. It shouldn't be too much work to update to 1.9.
    Nickblockmaster likes this.
  11. Yes! Now I have a new goal for EMC! I shall have an SC of every type of new arrow! (Without spending rupees) :D

*makes arrows for PvP*

Thanks a million for the information ShelLuser! :)
  12. Will infinity work on all types of arrows?
  13. I watch an Etho episode on YouTube, and the spectral arrows did work with infinity. Can't say anything about the other arrows though.
    PenguinDJ and boozle628 like this.
  14. nope!
  15. Awesome! 1.9 looks amazing :) :D
  16. Are you sure? Have you tested that? I think you're wrong. I'm pretty sure the new, infinitely generated islands are still in the end, just far away from the original island. I'm sorry if you tested it before saying this, as I don't really have the time to test right now, so I'm also only basing this on what I've seen so far.
    boozle628 likes this.
  17. The initial end island (pre-1.9) is safe. The new islands generate infinitely around 800 blocks out from the original island, and will be in the same dimension. End grinders will be safe as long as they're semi-close to the main island.
    ShelLuser, boozle628 and 607 like this.
  18. Do you know how big these islands will be?
  19. I do not.
    boozle628 likes this.
  20. Why don't you check for yourself? :)