So Guys I need Help with my Hubby!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by krisfair1, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Rib Eye or T-bone steak dinner.
    Side with Baked potato and a vege of his liking. I prefer grilled or butter steamed asparagus.
  2. I was om nom nom'ing until your said asparagus.. Sounds good apart from that :)
  3. Ill talk to u guys tomm forgot I had to finish making this 3D model by tomm morning onh god I'm screwed ill post pictures when done c ya
  4. Good luck!
    Brennian likes this.
  5. DANG...almost bedtime and now I'm hungry. Thanks a lot Hayley. :)

Oh and I love scallops. It doesn't matter if they're fried, baked, grilled, sauteed, I don't think there is a wrong way to fix them
    hayleycolgan likes this.
  6. I love lobster espically with butter. Even sushi a bit i love it! I love when it melts in your mouth and you spit it on the pig?
  7. I want to learn to make good sushi. It's on my list of things to perfect, along with a butterscotch meringue pie..
    JabrZer0 likes this.
  8. Steak, grilled salmon, and SUSHISUSHISUSHI (also sushi). One of my life goals is to learn to make sushi.
  9. Also, I had an amazing banana eel sushi that tastes like... well, awesomeness.
  10. You know, for me, I like... FOOD.

11. I'm not picky. My boyfriend is. For him, I'll usually make up something simple using pasta and meat, or grill/bake some chicken with simple spices. Mashed potatoes and green beans for sides generally. He's also fond of tacos.
  12. I made this last night:

Two cuts of veal, beaten with a meat mallet or rolling pin to flatten them out and seasoned then lightly pan fried in butter and olive oil until golden brown then put in the oven at gas mark 4 for a further five to ten minutes.

Take a good portion of button mushrooms (Or any, but chopped up) and fry again in butter and oil until brown then add in two tablespoons of clotted cream and one tablespoon of wholegrain mustard. At this stage the veal will be ready, so take it out the oven and leave it to sit for a few minutes whilst you finish the mushrooms.
    Continue to fry until all the mushrooms are mixed in and coated, taking no longer than two to three minutes.

Add in some finely chopped chives at the end.

Mushrooms onto a plate, veal sat on top, garnish with some more chives.

For dessert, some homemade caramel cake (Millionaires Shortbread), very, very easy to make) and cream.

Hell..... Yes.....
    HillbillyBeastly likes this.
  13. How muxh does it cost to hire u as my chef?
    samtheboo and JabrZer0 like this.
  14. If it isnt cooked on a grill outside, it isnt food.
    brandop123 likes this.
  15. :D

When you find yourself having to eat rations and fairly horrible army food, you learn to appreciate good food and I made it my objective that I would never sit down to a meal in my own home and think it was mundane or unappetising.

You should try that receipe though, it's incredibly easy and takes no more than 15 minutes prep time.

If you want it, I'll post up the actual measurements here.
  16. Why do all of you have to take the mick out of my hobby *cries in the corner*
  17. I've had squirrel before, dang I was hungry
  18. Not had squirrel, but I have had a selection of creepy-crawlies, scorpion and spiders in Africa, snake in South Africa, goat spine in Afghan and I don't actually know what it was I ate in Iraq but it was foul.
    In Belize one of our Fijian soldiers who knew all about fruits found some things which looked like oranges. I can't remember what he called them, but they were so damn tasty. We'd been in the jungle for about a month by this stage on pure rations, so we were so happy to have something refreshing that we must've ate at least a dozen each.
    Cue thirty guys having serious bottom issues shortly afterwards.

"Okay... We're going to head north on a bearing of...... hhnng.....hnnnnggg.... be right ba..... Too late."

Arf. :)
    cnicholls_uk likes this.
  19. My uncle makes a mean squirrel gumbo. His church had a squirrel problem for a long time, but they don't anymore. My wife didn't realize what meat was in the gumbo until she had eaten 2 bowls...once she did, up it came. Yeah, she now knows to ask what's in her food before she eats it :D
    kilmannan likes this.
  20. Rabbit's tasty. I prefer most every kind of meat. Actually, if you put it on a plate and call it food (and I believe you) I will eat it. I think probably my FAVORITE food to eat and make is what I refer to as the Secret Sandwich (please no sandwich jokes, I'm a guy XD) Turkey, Swiss, olives, sauerkraut, bacon, ranch, mayo, toasted on rye bread. Try it sometime, and hopefully you'll have something to thank me for.
    HillbillyBeastly likes this.