smp7 - jungle outpost

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by zulu9, Mar 13, 2012.

1. I've created a small FAQ on the wiki. It's linked on its home page. Feel free to add more stuff to it.
    There's also this list for all the articles.
    zulu9 and 607 like this.
  2. Apologies for double-posting, but does anyone know who built this?

Btw in that last image, a creeper went off there. They're both northwest of Alek's Tower.

Edit: First one is @Alek09. Still don't know the second one. I'm wondering if it is okay to clear the dirt house.
    zulu9 likes this.
  3. I'm not sure what to name this new area highlighted in red. I would like some suggestions.

For reference, Northern Edge and Chicken Shores are the towns on the right. Sorry for double-posting.
    zulu9 likes this.
  4. Deep Blue Point?

Sandbay?

Woods Edge?
  5. Happy 10th birthday, Last Light Outpost. May you all have a happy LLO day.
    Eclipsys, zulu9, 607 and 10 others like this.
  6. how should we celebrate?
    zulu9 and Sunny_Chicken like this.
  7. Remember that time I posted the corniest thing I've ever written, exactly five years after joining the LLO? Probably not, it was five years ago. But since it's been another five years (to the minute again), let's do it again!

I'm glad to see people are still alive and posting. Crazy to think that it's been ten years. Can we make it to 15? I'll do my best.

I love you all <3

---

Also, about those projects I claimed to be working on: I got a job since then, and some more hobbies, so I don't play Minecraft as much anymore. Still haven't forgotten though. I'll finish them sometime, I'm sure.

(Edit: I was off by an hour. Have my timezone set wrong. Oh well.)
    Pab10S, penfoldex, zulu9 and 4 others like this.
  8. I'd love to come back, but frankly I don't even know what server it's on anymore, much less how I'd get there. Clue me in and I'll come join you. I'd like to see if my pub and 'secret' base are still there...
    penfoldex and zulu9 like this.
  9. Amazing. :D I did not remember the previous post, but I have liked a couple of posts on that page (not yours, however o.(o)), so I guess I've read it?
    I appreciate the idea of this, and going through with it. :) One hour off? No big deal!
    zulu9 likes this.
  10. Forgot the title? :p
    zulu9 likes this.
  11. Why is this thread still going? Does the outpost even exist anymore, or are we just posting here because it's fun?
    zulu9 likes this.
  12. Check the last few pages and see for yourself. :)

There is still some activity in the outpost, but very little. Most of the thread is reminiscing.
    zulu9 likes this.
  13. You know the new 1.19 update that came out. Everyone's favorite update that wasn't underwhelming or made multiplayer worse.

Anyway, as part of that, I planted some mangroves near Fernbridge. Have I mentioned Fernbridge before or not? I'm not too sure.
    jacob5089, NevePlaysDota and btribble like this.
  14. What's fernbridge
  15. A small "settlement" I made during that rail extension project I did last year. I created a whole article on the wiki but it is barren. The only thing there (as of writing) is a mooshroom stand and what has to be one of the most minimalist rail stations in the entire LLO.
    607 likes this.
  16. oh my, I can see the "nether wizard tower" i made back in 2012! I was sure that would have been griefed to bits by now :D... I have to admit i miss that time, and the people from it :)

17. I always wondered who made the Wizard tower.
    I used that as my primary entrance when I was building Level 9 Railroad.
    Shaft straight down to level 9 and then ‘miles’ of 3x3 tunnelling. Spent a lot of time down there as a tunnel rat. Visited last fall and saw that there had been some extensions to the railway. Was nice to see it was all still there.
    607, mba2012 and penfoldex like this.
  18. If memory serves me right, I had a hatch that went all the way down. And somewhere along the shaft a nether portal that leads to a blaze farm (crude by todays standards, but stil a farm!)
  19. There was (is) a hatch just inside the door that does indeed go down.
    There is no nether portal that I ever encountered. I did find a Zombie spawner that I built an XP farm around on the way down though.