smp7 - jungle outpost

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by zulu9, Mar 13, 2012.

1. I was online this morning working out station placement for the harbor station and then Curundu sends a tell to me asking who made the buildings in the water out between the theater and Skywarp's tower. I told him that The tower was K123nino's and the dome was mine. He then told me that the tower was to close and ugly, he also said that because my house was mostly under water that i was fine. but i feel that if K123nino moves i should move as well
    ZeWildGuy, Jakres and Equinox_Boss like this.
  2. I agree with the sign policy but i had looked and the only sign that was on the theater was just saying that it was the community theater.

Edit: it did not state who built it
  3. The EMC rules state that living in the wild is a risk. We adhere to the main rule of no griefing. The LLO rules are in place and we are being accused of circumventing them, in this case due to it's vagueness. We need to create a set standard for the personal space aka neighbor rule. This should avoid issues like this in the future.

Also since the LLO rules are being quoted I would like to make sure that we are all agree that since it is an LLO rule we will let the members of LLO decide this outcome. I will stand by the decision, the big question is will others.
  4. Curundu has not explicitly expressed a complaint regarding his Theater or Skywarp's tower in his post.

I personally see nothing wrong with the locations of Lectavision's or k123nino's buildings. I think there's plenty of room surrounding Curundu's Theater (I assume it's Curundu's I'm not sure) and Skywarp's tower. :)
  5. Im not grumpy :p Just used to beeing able to strut around my tower naked, and one day i woke up there was lots of ppl outside my windows!
  6. ya sorry thought every one owned curtains.
  7. Hey if you want to check out my house, just tell me or ask, nobody of you guys already saw it.... :)
  8. Avast there me hearties, belay that order ye sea salts from District 7! What be happening here?

Personally I wish you'd all go away and leave me with an uninterrupted view of the sea! But then I have another lair where i have no neighbours and whenever I got there it's very peaceful for 5 minutes then .... it gets a little boring. So it turns out I really do love my neighbours :)

I agree with Curundu's post 100% and I think this would be great to include somewhere on the site or in the FAQ as an extremely well written guide to living in a community. I wouldn't like to see it as a rule or any specific building distance expressed - I'd hope that people could work it out.

On the other hand I don't think anybody can be forced to pull down their construction if it hasn't been built on top of someone else. I won't be voting only because I don't believe I have the right to force anyone to destroy what they have made.

On the third hand (!) i do think there are some special places that I'd like to see protected. The jungle biome is one and we've already dealt with that (well i think). Jungle has particular unique features that are worth preserving and it's great we've stopped slashing it.

I also think there can be particular buildings that are worth treating with extra respect. Nearly everyone that I talk to at the outpost loves Skywarp's tower and I hope that it can continue to be given extra space so we can enjoy the view of it.

Another amazing building is the theatre and I recommend everyone visit it. The amazingness is inside and what I think would be great is if Curundu could move it to a place where more people can appreciate - perhaps replacing one of the unused buildings near the town hall. But it's up to him what he does with it.

I also like the domes in the water, but then I love glass. The only thing I wonder about the Community Tower is whether you can think of another use for it? We already have a few large empty buildings for guests and it would be great to have the tower being used more.

You too Curundu. I hope the weather and the view is great by the real sea.
  9. Why do you think I built the tower? That plus some binoculars... game on!
  10. One of the EMC approved mods has a feature like binoculars
  11. Also on a more serious note, Ive never complained about the glass buildings. What I complained about in local chat(prolly why I was refered as the "grumpy neighbour") was the half-done building in the water 5 blocks(!!!!) west of my tower (in the water)
  12. Is it already there for a long time like that?
  13. Staring at your tower while drinking pepsi in a teacup.
    2012-06-06_10.42.26.png
    ZeWildGuy and Jakres like this.
  14. Omelete you need some food! :eek:
  15. I'm hipster

But not hip enough for a mac, apparantly
  16. Soo lonely in graveyard up north no neighbors. I might just have dig up betsy the punk for company :p
  17. As it states on the website Zulu made, I was in charge of the theater. I did build it entirely myself. It was meant to stand off by itself a ways from the harbor and from the magic tower.

It was not in my mind to have it flanked by other buildings, but as a stand-alone in the harbor.

I understand the desire to be a part of the group and build near others, but two buildings were built with no consultation with myself, Runewulf or Skywarp.

I wish to stress that being a part of a community is more than just building a building within a certain area. It is forming a community with the people around you. If you dont feel like giving a hoot about other people and feel like doing whatever pleases you regardless of neighbors and community, please do not join the LLO. We have had enough of that already.
  18. Why not i have all three(Linux, Windows, Mac)
  19. You DO have a neighbor. Only problem is that this neighbor is almost never around...