smp7 - jungle outpost

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by zulu9, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Oh speaking of which. He should have a message in his inbox he needs to reply to that includes a mod.
  2. i Agree we have a South, West, East, "North being build" rail system, zulu9 is thinking of making a central railway hub somewhere around the town center
  3. Just to mention. That sounds like some complexish engineering. Contact me if you need some help.
  4. A central rail hub sounds good. Maybe instead of a market thing we could put it on the grass area where the member board is currently. Or we could put it underground. And just a suggestion maybe so that we can free up some area why don't we migrate the different rail lines underground?
    ZeWildGuy, Jakres and Equinox_Boss like this.
  5. Love the idea of a map for the system. Esp as it is getting more complex. Before that we have to work a a nice system tho I think. I love the stuff in the works. But if we expand further we have to reduce the number of stops I think.
    We might have a central hub with quick lines to important areas. We maybe can use nether portals as a quick way to get back to the rail hub. What do you think?
  6. To me the new town hall almost looks like a railway station. I'd actually like to use that as railway hub maybe. We'd have to vote on that and of course the people that built the town hall should have a say in it too.
  7. yea it does look like station hmm, the future looks very interesting
  8. I'm all for someone doing something with the railways. Currently they're all a bit confusing. I have to play musical buttons or just walk. Plus there was a hole at the track to my station and I died -_-.
  9. Also each station should be named so you know which stop to get off at. That would be better if we put it under ground though. I will add a new option under master plan on the website so we can start working on it.
  10. Ok. I have added a new page on the site under master plan. If you have permission please post your idea on the page. If you do not post you idea in this thread and I or someone else will add it to the site. A vote will be placed up soon for the community to choose which idea should go ahead.
  11. nice. I assume you mean this one, right?
    https://sites.google.com/site/emclastlightoutpost/master-plan/rail-network-plan

everyone should be able to add comments under it. and of course you can comment here too
  12. Yes that is it. Hope you like it.
  13. Alright. We found the griefer, made a great graveyard and are expanding in every direction. Let's get out railway system right now. The forum is kinda slow sometimes and in game chat can be hard because the place has gotten so big. So we will have a the pad open for some time to gather ideas. It has a chat too and requires no registration or something. We then will take the stuff that emerges there to the thread here. If there should be controversy then we will have votes.

http://piratenpad.de/p/emc-last-light-outpost
  14. Lots on rail. Here's a quick summary on the forum so we can then take the discussion to the pirate's pad:
    http://piratenpad.de/p/emc-last-light-outpost

Current situation:
    Originally a very extensive rail system was created from the lighthouse running through jungle treehouses and then diving underground and going underwater for a bit. This system seems to have not been used much.

When I arrived I created a circle of rail aboveground that ran from welcome centre (now guesthouse) to sirairbear's village, to the farms, to the harbour and back to town centre. This rail seems to be used a lot.

With the arrival of lots of new people recently there have been a lot of changes to this system and additional station types added and new rail systems created.

At the moment we have at least 4 different types of station now which people are finding confusing.
    1. The original two directional station - sirairbear and farm station and a variation at the guesthouse. You arrive and then can chose to continue or go back.
    2. A one directional station at shavingfoam. You arrive and then can continue
    3. A two-directional station that joins two separate lines - built by lectavision for the branch to the waterpark/swamp. You arrive and go in one of two directions.
    4. The station near the nether portal which will ultimately go in three or four directions but doesn't work at the moment.

Lecta is also working on a tower station on the lighthouse line.

We also have a number of lines including (there may be more that I don't know about)
    - the original lighthouse/nether portal/underwater line
    - the town circle with seven stations - guesthouse, sirairbear, branch to waterpark/swamp, shavingfoam, farms and tree farm. The current proposal is to scrap the white (snow) part of this line and replace that with direct line from harbour to town hall
    - line north to the water park
    - line south over water to the mountain residences
    - underwater line for lecta and k123nino that will join the main lines somewhere

Currently we are discussing:
    - should there be a central hub, eg turn town hall into grand central station
    - should we make some direct links from central hub eg to water park
    - should we make each line with two sets of tracks - one to go, one to come.
    - should we put some rail underground - stations should still be on surface for easy access
    - should we colour code lines, eg green for jungle, blue for waterpark. A good suggestion was always have the line returning to central hub one colour eg red so people know which line to take for which direction

Those are just some starting points. Its pretty complex when dealing with so many options. We will have a more detailed discussion on the pirate pad and then return here with a summary (as zulu said).

A couple of requests
    - please don't take all the mine carts from the dispensers. Someone has to make them. A few people have been contributing but there's only so many stacks of iron we can go through.
    - if working on track please disable the track around you and post a sign. Other people are using the tracks and won't know you are working. Don't put up blocks at head height to block the track and fill in any holes you make that could be dangerous. We've already had deaths and injuries from this.

To the pirate pad!!! http://piratenpad.de/p/emc-last-light-outpost
  15. Awesome post! Great summary of our current situation and the state of the discussion.
    I sure learned a few bits!
  16. You'll like anything zulu ;)
  17. Why whenever i do get on no nes there? :(
    Jakres and Equinox_Boss like this.
  18. Yeah confusing as h*ll lol
  19. Im confused since i havent been on in a while worlimg on my own server :S
  20. NO! (liked that post)