smp7 - jungle outpost

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by zulu9, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Could someone tell me where the blaze spawner is? Thanks.
    ZeWildGuy, Jakres and Equinox_Boss like this.
  2. Personally, I'm against putting rail lines underground. I like having the ability to drop a minecart anywhere, giving it a push, and just going. That way, you don't have to walk all the way to a station. However, with rail lines that go over water, I like the idea of putting them underwater.

Lol Dwight have you heard of the print screen button? :D
  3. LLOdistricts.jpg Ok here is my proposed district map. I tried to group all things of interest in a district, so for eg. I have the initial buildings in 1 and I grouped the farms in another. Then I just stuck to water ways as borders. There are some where I didn't want anyone to say, "Well the line splits my bldg in two, do I have to account for both districts?", so I went around them on purpose.
    I intentionally left out two areas, POI to the west since it lost the Creeper Wars, and the Crane on the beach to the south.
    Let me know if there are any areas that I missed or just need boundaries modified.

I figure this will ease along with our future projects. So lets say this group of folks will be in charge of railway in this area etc etc.

View attachment 3683
  4. ya i only have three people in my distract

I believe the house district 8 might be a separate wild base
  5. Haha I love it! :D
  6. The more people in a district the more discussion has to be had for expansion... I like our under water setup with our grumpy neighbor sky =)

And I say we annex the town in district 8 if it isn't ours... I mean, peacefully show them the Light... of Last Light Outpost. See what I did there?
  7. I might be wrong, but I think it belongs to NoobOfEpicness. I think he told me once that he was building in the grasslands outside of town.
  8. I love it.

Only me and shavingfoam and 2000 chickens in my district. I wonder who's going to cause the most arguments?

I planted trees in district 8 and one of our community created the building (I can't remember who) but it's not really used. Instead you might like to make the rest of the taiga district 8 as some quiet souls have started building there. Both taiga and district 8 are likely areas of future expansion since the rest is getting so full.
  9. Also I'd like to connect Community Tower with district 6's rail. I will give Mage tower a wide berth and come up on the SE corner of the island. Let me know if this is acceptable.

Side note: What's Taiga?
  10. The frozen/snow biome. Everything white on the map except the white harbour.
  11. I think that sounds like a good idea. Can you build it underwater? Also, the snow biome district doesn't have a number assigned to it (I though that's what you meant when you said District 6)

Taiga is a biome type. I think it's the official term for "grasslands".
  12. Ooh I thought those were just called "snow biomes" my bad
  13. he missed it on the legendit jumps from 5 to 7
  14. i think that is a sepret biome
  15. Nope never heard of it shavingfoam :p
  16. It's a key usually near the top-right of your keyboard. When you press it, it copies the entire screen onto the clipboard (like when you Ctrl-C text to copy it). Then, you can paste the image into a program like Paint in order to save it as a file. Sorry, I'm a tech geek so whenever I see people taking screenshots of stuff using a digital camera it just cracks me up. :D
  17. Ok fixed the map to include the districts left out.

Also I'm aiming at running the rail on the sea floor with a glass ceiling to district 6.

You guys/gals want to merge districts 8 & 9 since there really isn't much developement?

On a techie note: I used a print screen of the live map, imported it to Gimp (basically a free version of Adobe Photoshop without all the bells and whistles), and created layers for all the districts. I exported that to a JPEG image so I could post it to HTML. If anyone wants the raw XCF file so they can alter it just let me know.

This is really just a rough draft. Once we get a consensus that this is what we want, I'll make it look better. Feel free to use it for other project mapping, like the railways. Again I'll have a prettier version once every one is okay with it.
  18. Haha I forgot to put /saracaism after the sentence but thanks, only reason I used my phone because it was connected to computer at the moment was updating it.
  19. Yes please. can you add it to the website?
  20. No worries Dwight...didn't mean to offend either. :)