smp7 - jungle outpost

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by zulu9, Mar 13, 2012.

1. It takes way too long to get to town.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm about to bring the second shipment of goods. There will be some more stone, some fuel for your furnaces (more than you'll probably need anytime soon), some more slabs and 1 stack powered rails. I won't bring the normal rails or the fence unless I know how much is needed exactly.
    zulu9, Jakres, Philovanrood and 2 others like this.
  2. I finished creating pockets in the nether spawn netherrack that can be used to /town on both the main path to town and at the tower portal height. I'll have to do another timing run and add signage.
    Jakres likes this.
  3. Should we start doing Community Meetings again? We had one planned for February (March?) but never did do it...
    Jakres and mba2012 like this.
  4. If you want to start hosting them, sure. Mba was in-charge of those usually…but anybody's welcome to have a meeting.
  5. I'll try to go! Not that I've gone to any others...
  6. I'll host it :p Mba can co-host it this time.

EDIT: Also, I have a pretty small idea. How about we rebuild the interior, and possibly a little bit of the exterior, of the Town Hall? Make it a bit more space-y and modern looking?
  7. I'll try to come too :)
    Jakres likes this.
  8. hi im samsimx
    this is informal if it needs more let me know
    i want to join LLO
    zulu9, Jakres and shavingfoam like this.
  9. First set of cables complete!

2013-05-28_19.22.33.png 2013-05-28_19.23.24.png
  10. Hmmm, I kinda like that we have a building that has remained largely unchanged since the founding. It ain't the prettiest or the biggest, or the best, but it is the closest thing we have to a historic structure.

We could build other halls elsewhere, or hold meetups in other buildings. I'm sure there's a floor or two free on Philo Tower, or in several dozen other locations! We could use meetings as an opportunity to review the status of various locations and structures.

Signage:

"Meeting Today: White Harbor Docks"

" Meeting "
    " This Way "
    " --------> "
    zulu9, Jakres, Philovanrood and 2 others like this.
  11. nice one shavingfoam
    Jakres likes this.
  12. Sam, you are in LLO! :D Welcome!
    Jakres likes this.
  13. aww thats great
    where do i start
    Jakres likes this.
  14. Almost 600
    Jakres likes this.
  15. Thanks man :D
    Jakres likes this.
  16. Are you going to keep the bridge deck at a uniform height, or are you going to try to curve it at all (curves in Minecraft obviously have problems).

I ask because I can help laying the road down if it is level...
    Jakres likes this.
  17. No, it's curved. It's going to decline 1 block every 20 blocks, starting at 30 blocks away from the tower.
    Jakres likes this.
  18. The construction campsite now has a chicken coop. Very nice xD

2013-05-28_19.54.41.png
    Jakres and zulu9 like this.
  19. Ah, I'll let you determine the slope then. Again, if you wanted to run a single line of blocks a good distance from the towers, I could widen the path following your pattern...
    Jakres likes this.
  20. Yeah, that was me. I like to make nooks and crannies for them to crawl in and out of. I don't know why I care about the "happiness" of a mob that has like 3 lines of AI code, but I seem to. If you just make a box for them to live in, they fly at the walls trying to get out. If you make a complex space, I think the routing code gets confused and gives up, and they seem much more content. They apparently have some limited flocking behavior, especially when they are chicks.
    Jakres, Philovanrood and shavingfoam like this.