smp7 - jungle outpost

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by zulu9, Mar 13, 2012.

1. True, but you've always had a good opinion. Just wanted to hear your thoughts. :)
    Jakres and zulu9 like this.
  2. Thanks. Just wanted to clarify esp for new members :)
    Jakres and penfoldex like this.
  3. Its going well, thanks :)
    I just need more jungle wood and Im set :)
  4. Glad to hear that. :D
    Jakres and BilboBaggins23 like this.
  5. Regarding anti griefing efforts:
    Those people just got their thread moved to the wilderness forums. I did not know they existed.
    Their mission statement sounds good.
    http://empireminecraft.com/threads/the-brotherhood-of-wolves.20137/
    Jakres likes this.
  6. The edit button works wonders.
    Jakres, mba2012 and BilboBaggins23 like this.
  7. Im too lazy to do it ^-^
    Jakres, mba2012, penfoldex and 2 others like this.
  8. Yeah. Does not even have to be 2 months if we know who build it and how to contact them.
    Made me think of other ways we could use signs for this thing:

So maybe a good practice would be for active people to put signs up stating you are taking care of a building or other stuff. With a date when that sign was put up. Maybe the date on another sign.
    Might be a good idea to make it easier to distinguish ancient from current stuff.
    If you find a current sign, edit the date sign to show it is still current / you are still there.
    Not meant as a rule. So nobodies stuff should get demolished because they did not "update the sign".
    Just as a good practice and a way to make it easier to contact owners of buildings.
    Jakres and oremia like this.
  9. Appreciate the honesty :D

Jakres, jacob5089, L0tad and 4 others like this.
  10. You made me laugh for a whole minute :)
    Jakres, mba2012 and zulu9 like this.
  11. I got some PMs (here and on other channels) from people wanting to propose ideas but are afraid of being shut down or bullied. While I think we never bullied anyone or at least tried our best to stop and prevent that here is an offer:
    If you for whatever reason want to contribute something (not bashing or blaming people yourself) just start a conversation with me. I will reply with a draft of the message I want to post. After you approved that I will post that relay. This goes even for ideas I myself do not support and as always we can have a vote if we want to.
    Jakres, penfoldex, L0tad and 4 others like this.
  12. We need to have a monthly town hall, and people with ideas can set up a presentation. we can vote for them thare, and on thei post to mke it fair for those that cant make it to the meeting.
  13. So, the brown line (farms) is heavily greifed. Most of the track is missing.
    Jakres likes this.
  14. I have a fairly good idea of who it was. I'm PMing a mod right now. The rail was there last night when I logged off.

Edit:
    Aaaaaaand the player was banned. Thanks mods!
    Jakres, zulu9, mba2012 and 3 others like this.
  15. You know these guys keep on coming at you guys, but you seem to catch them faster every time now :)
    Jakres, zulu9, mba2012 and 3 others like this.
  16. I can't come on at the same time as most people.So...if someone cam PM me the cords and also PM a picture of the place on the live map that would help. Also I agree with Penfoldex on his idea.
    Jakres likes this.
  17. lol That's because the guy griefed right in front of my house. I wouldn't have noticed much anywhere else. I even interacted with him once...why he thought it would be a good idea to go right by my house I'll never know.
    Jakres, zulu9 and creepincreepers7 like this.
  18. I think there are basically two kinds of griefers (except personal disputes).
    The first kind does it for the challenge. They find hidden stuff and virtually pee over it to feel superior.
    We do not see those kind at the LLO a lot anymore because basically griefing LLO is not a challenge.
    So we see mostly the second type.
    The really stupid that do not care. Those types will even talk to you and grief right in front of you.

Then we of course got thieves which are the biggest problem to every day living in the wild. The ones that target valuable stuff only.

In case of railways and other things it is often hard to tell what the motivation of the idiot (griefer or thief) was.

I think people at LLO have developed some sort of intuition or griefer-radar which makes it easier now to spot them and report them.

Edit fixed some spelling mistakes
  19. I agree, like the one who burnt my house down, he/she was not very smart... (Stupid ._.)
    What griefers don't know is that every action has a reaction ;)
    Jakres, shavingfoam and zulu9 like this.
  20. This looks amazing but one question: How do I join?
    Jakres likes this.