smp7 - jungle outpost

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by zulu9, Mar 13, 2012.

1. That was my first thought when I walked through downtown/Desert. Lots of griefed buildings whose owners probably gave up awhile ago. I took over a small house (not even a house; more like a griefed plot lol) and rebuilt something.

I propose a sort of "tagging" system, like if we see a griefed/abandoned house, put up a sign in the most obvious doorway saying "Marked for repair/re-own, $date" and give it 10 days like EMC town reses. (Or more time if other people have a different opinion, but you get the general idea.)

I saw some houses with signs that said "Repaired to original. 9/12/2012" or something like that and assume the original owner didn't return to even take those signs down. IMO, after 5 months, a griefed house is fair game to reclaim.
    Jakres, Sunny_Chicken, zulu9 and 5 others like this.
  2. I like the idea >.>
    Jakres likes this.
  3. Where exactly is this plot? Because I own a huge amount of land in the desert with my cra-whatever.(<--Penfoldex :p)
  4. -.-
    I know Watk4219 and Dwight were repairing buildings awhile back, but that was a long time ago. I'm guessing if those signs are still up, those houses would be game for everyone. Though I REALLY want to hear Zulu's opinion on this…
    zulu9, Jakres, shavingfoam and 2 others like this.
  5. That's the exact system we discussed back in the early days :). We even agreed to giving people 10 days. But also, if you see the owner's name on any locked chests, you should PM them to ask permission. I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't mind if their house has been completely destroyed.
    Jakres, mba2012, zulu9 and 2 others like this.
  6. It's a small plot next to sirairbear's skyscraper/hotel. Around the corner from the grand central station/townhall (which I fixed back up, btw!). It was really, really griefed.

sirairbear had two locked chests in there. sources have said s/he hasn't been seen in a long while (though /p suggests otherwise) and I did indeed PM them.
    Jakres likes this.
  7. Haven't logged in at the LLO since the LLOlympics...unless you count logging in momentarily because you clicked the wrong server as 'logging in' at all :/ I need to come back. But I need a reason too. What did I miss? And is there anything I could help out with? Like a griefing or something?
    Jakres likes this.
  8. Missed two griefings. Little Toronto was pretty much burned to the ground, Philo's tower/Tree farm were hit too. New tree farm design looks epic. West docks griefed, Bilbo lost his house. Curundu now owns all of Dwight's property, Pandas, Dwight and Torian retired from LLO, I officially move into Skywarp's house. New members, Oremia is trying to help repair the LLO. Might have a neighborhood watch group. So yeah. Nothing much. :p

Join the neighborhood watch group?
    Repairing buildings?
    Jakres, Philovanrood, mba2012 and 3 others like this.
  9. Why did pandas quit?
    Jakres likes this.
  10. She had her reasons.
    Jakres likes this.
  11. I'm assuming your not going to tell me?
    Jakres likes this.
  12. Nope.
    Jakres likes this.
  13. A good portion of it was the amount of infighting, and the lack of people chipping in to help each other out fixing things up after griefing etc. There may have been more to it.
    Jakres, mba2012 and penfoldex like this.
  14. Dang it
    Jakres likes this.
  15. image0012.jpg
    Got unwached, and wanted to post an inspirational quote
    Jakres, mba2012, catwarrior7 and 2 others like this.
  16. My opinion is not worth more than any other member's.
    Actually since I really can't be at the place I am often not able to even get to a good informed opinion.

Regarding the policy for abandoned buildings, especially griefed ones shavingfoam said it well:

Send a PM if you know who built it. It is just polite. Announce it per sign and maybe on the thread too so everybody knows what is going on.
    Maybe someone likes that building and when getting the info of takedown wants to save it.
    We got this big thread and all because we communicate so let's just do that :D
  17. "We got this big thread" is one of the biggest understatements ever. Lol. This is probably the longest thread in EMC history.
  18. Oh trust me, it is.
    Don't question it.
  19. How is repair on that (and other griefings) going?
    Anyone need funds for repair (or pay friends to help ;) )?
    Jakres and BilboBaggins23 like this.
  20. I say if you post a sign, asking for the owner, give them 2 months, OR, try to figure out who owns them. It it shows to activity for 3 months, it is safe to say the owner is ether banned, or forgot about it.

We need a more way to find the owners of unused buildings
    Jakres and zulu9 like this.