SMP4 Paradise Project Building Contest... A First Glance

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by R0bbieJo, May 12, 2013.

1. You sir, are Minecraft Jesus. Turning Iron to Snow, and in town even. lol, jk. I think we are going to make a public snow gen that is easily accessable from spawn in the next few days so people can gather it and donate. We will update the thread when it is installed.
  2. Whoops... lol. Thanks.
  3. here are 2 pic of all the quartz the quartz ore team found, very nice pictures :)

Attached Files:

cadgamer101 likes this.
  4. Ok! I finished the model. It is based off my Nether fortress building. If you were to put in access signs, this building could have public brewing, smelting, anvils, crafting, and enchanting, so it could sort of be a public use building. Trading is in the basement. The top floor (with the dome) is a meeting room/spa. There is a little dining room as well. It is a lot of quartz (and I mean a LOT) so you may want to substitute in some other material, or else replace the staircase with a simple chute with a ladder in it, I don't know. Just look at the pics. :) Please give me suggestions, comments, and other stuff like that!

Front shot

Side shot

First Floor: Crafting+Smelting

Basement: Bedroom+Trading

Second Floor: Anvil/Blacksmithing

Third Floor: Enchanting

Range of Enchanting

Fourth Floor: Brewing

Fifth Floor/Roof: Spa/Meeting Room

Eating Area (Mostly Decorative)

Example Segment of Spiral Staircase

Sorry for poor screenshot quality! :)
  5. A team is finishing it as we speak at 8100 on SMP4... I am so proud of the amazing efforts they have put in... these players donated all the resources and time to create this for all of you! Come See... :)
  6. OMG that is AMAZING! I want to go see one of these places when Nick is home to help me this weekend... so find us a good one on any server but 4, 6, 8, and Utopia
    We can go!!!
  7. JAW hits Floor! Oh my gosh are you serious? What are YOU wanting to do here? Tell me and we will make it happen! :)
  8. What you mean one of my quartz ore bases?
  9. The next time I am online, I will organize a trip down to where some quartz should be spawning. :) I know a pathway. Ok, in reference to the plan I posted. It is a lot of quartz. Therefore, if we are not able to find enough quartz, we could make certain things a different material if needed (maybe sandstone?) or turn the staircase into a simple ladder to save quartz if we need to. Other than that, I will help supervise the building. I will try to get as much quartz as I can, and we will need some donations of lapis and quartz for sure. As mentioned, anyone who wants to come with me later today, I will take three people. You need a fire resistance potion, and I will bring an Ender chest. Also, a bow and some arrows to handle ghasts. I do not have a diamond pick with fortune/silk touch, so if someone who does wants to come and help get more quartz flakes/ore, that would be great.
  10. I have some silk touch picks. If you give me a few I will make a chest on my resume for you with a couple in there.

Edit: I think Robbie wanted you to into to the contest, I'm not sure. I will find out from her :)
  11. Thanks! Perhaps somebody could set up an area in 8100 or a close by res specially equipped for people looking to go quartz-hunting? As in, perhaps there could be an area that specially sells fire resistance potions, swiftness potions, bows, arrows, picks, and food for reduced or good prices all in one place just for convenience.

Just a tip: A favorite food of mine is carrots. They can be used for night vision if you have the supplies, they serve two hunger points, they are easy to grow, and if you are looking for transportation they can be put on a stick and used to control a saddled pig. :)
  12. im gonna invite you to a conversation
  13. YES! I have not seen one yet and I want to go! I love taking an ORGANIZED team into the Nether! :)
  14. We are getting MORE and More organized by the day! Give us One Week and there will be very few questions but LOTS getting done! :)
    tinkerbell28 likes this.
  15. I've sectioned off a workspace in Creative to begin building, but the "wall" has me a little stumped. Is there any chance you could post some screens from your own Creative so we can see what the wall itself looks like? I have some thoughts in mind for various buttresses / archways but it depends heavily on how the wall itself looks.
  16. Kephras! One of my most loved builders on EMC... Welcome to the Project my friend... I have missed you... :)
    I am in the process of going through some screenshots and such on 3 laptops to see if I can find a single picture of it... We had a creative server crash and so far all is lost... I can however Talk you through it.. I have it in my mind 100% ... She is Beautiful... :)
    Kephras likes this.
  17. Where is Vitiri???
  18. That's way more flattering than I think my creations warrant but the sentiment is appreciated anyway!
    You have my Skype, or at least Nick does. Give me a poke whenever you've got time and I shall attempt to recreate it as your memory dictates :)
  19. I will see if you are on mine... and add you if not... :)
  20. We Now Have a Fully Automated Donation System at 8100... A HUGE THANKS to all who put their time and materials into this! It is amazing!
    :)