SMP1 is dying.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by SpaceShuttleFan, May 7, 2012.

1. How are you guys talking is so sad... 35000 members and than you are sad? :(
  2. I'm curious as to whether most new players go for the most recently launched server, or start at smp1 and go down the line until there's a free res.
    Kells18 likes this.
  3. erm, im still on SMP 1 XD It's been my original EMC habitat since the beginning of my EMC story :) And it's where ill stay :)
  4. You shut your face. :D

Fancy some early morning BF3?
  5. I agree I think smp1 and 2 are slowly getting taken over. Usually at night time in australia I go on to seen some of my best friends e.g virstis, msmark3673, alexchance, magneto11 and some others that I might have forgot but it brings heaps of joy and everybody is talking and chatting about stuff, this seems to happen rarely now and like everybody has posted the server is full of noobs
    Squizzel_Boy likes this.
  6. How have you not heard of me, with me intesistable charm and swagger? :p

Your kinda right. People are moving to the other servers, and most of for more business there, or at least here used to be.
  7. awww never heard of me? man ive been in smp1 since november... Im THE Waffle! Man this stinks :\ I think I need to make Waffle Land to gain interest :p.. But I totallly agree on noobs everywhere on smp1.. People who make a dirt house and never get on again..

It can also be becaue smp1 is soo developed the econmy is overdeveloped (people sell cheap then ppl buy cheap and sell in diff servers for profit). It really grinds my gears back in feb or so smp1 was ALWAYS full even at weird times of the day now it has moved to 40/60 people usually D:
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  8. SMP1 FTW what r taklin about! Smp1 is were all the awesome guys handout
  9. I joined back in 1.8
  10. lol AND girls !
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  11. SMP1 Is the BEST!!!!!
  12. Yeah, the nights are always best for me on smp2, 'cause all the cool Australians are on. (and New Zealanders)
  13. SMP1 just has a well needed fresh start around the corner. It will soon become the economic epicenter of exchanges.

Greatness requires patience, and that my friend is near completion.
  14. I was on this smp1 earlier. Besides one or two people I didn't see anything bad.
  15. Happened a lot when I first joined and we had 2K members...
    Though there wasn't auto-spam protection so you'd just get people spamming all caps for hours.
    Squizzel_Boy likes this.
  16. I remember those days XD
    Crazy1080 likes this.
  17. I started when there was only 1 server (called "home") back in late October (Beta 1.8 or 1.7.3, not sure). This server was then renamed to be smp1. After Christmas (I think), my cousin joined the server on smp3. After a couple of weeks we built an extension of his house for myself. Then another couple weeks later I decided to move to smp3. It was a tough decision and I lost quite a bit of stuff I had worked pretty hard for (eg a big glass building), but it did feel nicer being on the same server as my cousin. About a month later my brother, who too had first been on home/smp1, moved to smp3. That is where I have been ever since, and now I've gotten two friends to join the server (on smp3), who were intrduced to Minecraft by me as well. And I have to agree, that the people that you hear a lot about on smp1, are mostly noobs (no offence, just saying that the amount of experienced EMC-players are decreasing on smp1).
  18. I started on smp2 when there was smp6 just releasing and I have4 reses all in smp2. It's great but the nights are getting lesser and lesser people every night. Sometimes I log on and do /who and I have no idea who the people are and soon I find out that the chat room is full of spam and kick+bans. I just miss the good ole times *sigh*
  19. Well, thanks, I;ve been on a while,don't count on me leaving though ;)
  20. Ive noticed a massive increase in new people lately on ALL servers. SMP6 is flooded with faq's