Smash Ultimate Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Gaming_Comander, Oct 5, 2020.

1. I heard they were removing Herobrine from the game though.
  2. Y'all! I know this sounds impossible, especially when there's only 4 fighters left and people want Crash, Ryu, and Doomguy in the game but I would DIE for Shantae! Shantae is a game I grew up with and the same case people make with Geno can be made for Shantae. They both have a spirit and an online player icon. The only difference between the two is that Geno had a costume last game that hasn't been added to Ultimate yet. However, Shantae is an indie female gaming icon. Steve may have taken the spot as the indie rep, but he's more than just that now, especially after having spinoffs and being acquired by Microsoft. Shantae can have such a unique move set unlike any other character, and I would love to see her in the game
    Joy_the_Miner likes this.
  3. I heard about Shantae. I never played the games in the series, but I heard that it's quite popular~

Also, I've seen some videos where the hitboxes for Steve/Alex are shown off. I bet that's frustrating for a lot of players. They have to get really close to them in order to attack them. >:3
  4. I swear they made him broken for a reason
    Joy_the_Miner likes this.
  5. Wow, that's lucky. :eek: I hope you still have the game? I wanted to get it a few years ago, but an original copy can go for €2000. :confused:
    But yeah, I could see Shantae being added to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate!
    What do you mean by there being 4 fighters left?
    Gaming_Comander likes this.
  6. this is so cool-- i played smash growing up-- now they're adding/ have added a steve character into smash?!? :D
  7. Masahiro Sakurai, the games creator, announced a DLC pack that had 5 fighters. Once those were released, he announced DLC Pack 2, which he said may be the last DLC for the game, in which he said 6 characters would be added. With 2 already out, that leaves 4 remaining. And yes, I do have the original Shantae game. I keep it in a box filled with other stuff that holds sentimental value :)
    607 likes this.
  8. Yeah, Steve is a crazy addition. He's really fun to play as too!
    ForeverMaster and FadedMartian like this.
  9. Steve is a really technical character and if you get to play him right you can be very annoying to your opponents.

My mains in order of expert-fullness

Zelda, Samus, Bowser, Terry

My secondary characters which I like to use are, in no specific order:
    Cloud, Link, Dark Samus, King K, Metaknight, Captain Falcon, Steve, Lucina
  10. Ah, interesting!
    Well, the original Shantae for GBC does not only have sentimental value... :p You can keep it of course, like one might keep an expensive piece of jewellery because of sentimental value, just make sure nobody throws it out thinking it's not worth much. ;)
    Are these DLC's free or paid?
  11. The extra character DLCs are paid. Which in my opinion is fair, they need income to justify spending manhours on the additions. If you like Smash, you will get a phenomenal experience without the DLC. Really not missing out on much by sitting out on them.
  12. When it comes to the Super Smash Bros. series, I am more interested in what video game IPs Nintendo gets to represent. Ultimate has FAR more non-Nintendo game franchises referenced than in Brawl or the 3DS/Wii U versions.

Minecraft, Castlevania, Shovel Knight, Cuphead, Street Fighter, Persona, Banjo-Kazooie, Warframe, Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy, etc.

There are countless video game characters whose fans dream to have in a Smash game, regardless of the reception they would get from a bigger audience. I will admit that I am apart of this crowd: specifically for the inclusion of Hat Kid (from "A Hat in Time") and Lea (from "CrossCode"). But no matter who gamers wish for to join a Smash roster, Mr. Sakurai rarely has the chance to propose a new character. Instead, somebody from Nintendo or another company pitches to him. He then decides whether or not the development team should proceed to implement said character.

One major factor as to who gets pitched is that character's significance in video game history and/or popular culture. "CrossCode" is unfortunately a VERY hidden gem of a game, whereas "A Hat in Time" had its spotlight stolen by "Super Mario Odyssey" in the exact same month, as one of several games in 2017 to arguably kick off a resurgence of 3D Platformers.
    Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon returned each with an HD trilogy. The former got a new, proper mainline title last year. Square is making (or has now released a 3D Platformer of their own). And a new Ratchet & Clank game is in the works for the PlayStation 5.

P.S:
    In the indie scene, I know of two games of the genre that are in development, thanks to public tweets from AHiT developer Gears for Breakfast, one of which they are working as the producer for (not the primary dev).
    607 likes this.