Show us your Desktop!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by _Paku, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Well, only over water. It only flew from New York to Paris and London. Over land, they'd drop that visor and go subsonic.
  2. Lol. Casually, the captain says."All right passengers, please fasten your seat-belts. We are currently passing over water and are about to go twice the speed of sound. Thank you for flying Concorde."
    cddm95ace and SpaceShuttleFan like this.
  3. *afterburner activates*
  4. "The good news is, we'll get there seven times faster. The bad news is that if we crash, we will crash at just over 1400 miles per hour. Once again, thank you for flying Concorde."
    607 likes this.
  5. We were learning about that airliner in school a few weeks ago :D Also, what's that theme? I like it.
  6. That happened.
    mba2012 likes this.
  7. In what class are you learning about Concordes? Sounds like my kind of class!
    Theme - http://krissirk.deviantart.com/art/7Pro-Final-for-7-146771367

Yep, just not at 1400 miles per hour. The engine sucked up a scrap of metal on the runway and lit on fire. The pilot tried to turn around, but didn't make it back to the airport. Everybody on the the plane died, and about 5 on the ground died. That's how the program eventually ended.
  8. ... I had no idea. I now feel bad. :(
  9. Now, for my desktop. I couldn't get it to take a screencap, so here's just the background.

10. Scary thing is, that does happen in test flights of planes. From Wikipedia:
    X-15 Flight 3-65-97

Mission Illustration

Mission Statistics
    Mission Name: X-15 Flight 3-65-97
    Vehicle: X-15 56-6672
    Number of
    Crew Members:
    Launch: November 15, 1967
    18:30:07.4 UTC
    NB-52B Flying near
    Delamar Dry Lake, NV
    Landing: November 15, 1967
    18:34:57.5 UTC
    Broke up over Randsburg, CA
    Duration:
    B-52 drop to
    X-15 break-up
    10 min 35 seconds
    Number of
    Orbits:
    Suborbital
    Apogee: 266,000 feet
    Distance
    Traveled:
    Unknown
    Maximum
    velocity:
    5,745 km/h
    Peak acceleration: 5 G (49 m/s²)
    Mass: unknown kg fueled;
    unknown kg burnout;
    Crew Picture

Michael J. Adams

X-15 Flight 3-65-97, also known as X-15 Flight 191, was a test flight of the North American X-15 experimental aircraft.
  11. There was a plane that went Mach 10. AKA 7,000 miles per hour in a rough equation. It essentially dissolved in the air. It was an unmanned aircraft.
  12. a true shame....

I love that thing, it is the truest example of what great minds can truly create when they really put their minds to it.
  13. I missed all the concorde talk :( I love that plane.
    This is not quite true, the scrap metal burst the tire, tire fragments fit the wing and caused a shockwave which damaged the fuel tanks and it damaged some wring in the landing gear, the wires sparked, ignited the fuel which created the massive flames which can be seen in images. The Pilots lost control of the bank and pitch control surface. And so it crashed into a hotel.

And a lovely image so you all know what it looked like.
    images.jpeg
  14. i stay above 75.. xD
  15. Science.
    mba2012 likes this.
  16. BD.jpg

that white edge shows my pro paint skills
    southpark347 likes this.
  17. Yep, I stand corrected. Need to read the Wikipedia article again. :p
    mba2012 likes this.
  18. I think wikipedia has it a bit wrong. I just watched videos on you tube.
  19. HurferDurfer1 likes this.