Server Problems? Post Here!

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by JackBiggin, Feb 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. around 1 week ago, something changed. and since then only problems. and not really feedback what happend or whats changed. I get the idea EMC moved to other host, possible if true a bad move. But thats only guessing.
  2. Had nothing to do with it, that was only the website. Nothing changed on our end for game servers. Theres issues with the network connection itself with our datacenter.

We've been given direct feedback that theres network issues ever since it started.

I assure you my support ticket reply counter is at around 80 at this point.
  3. Give em hell Kar. :p
  4. When I first try to log in to smp5 i get bounced back to the minecraft launcher game output page which tells me this

[22:20:19] [main/INFO]: Setting user: wassatthen
    [22:20:19] [main/INFO]: (Session ID is token:a911a2268b6749d38c7ae9464209ee38:92b983d5f8b34cb8a96e77e7dd6f1b31)
    [22:20:19] [Client thread/INFO]: LWJGL Version: 2.9.1
    [22:20:20] [Client thread/INFO]: Reloading ResourceManager: Default

Starting up SoundSystem...
    Initializing LWJGL OpenAL
    (The LWJGL binding of OpenAL. For more information, see http://www.lwjgl.org)
    OpenAL initialized.
    [22:20:20] [Client thread/INFO]: Created: 512x256 textures/blocks-atlas
    [22:20:20] [Client thread/INFO]: Created: 256x256 textures/items-atlas

[22:20:20] [Sound Library Loader/INFO]: Sound engine started
    [22:20:24] [Client thread/INFO]: Connecting to playsmp5.emc.gs., 25565
    [22:20:26] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT]
    [22:20:26] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Welcome to Empire Minecraft - SMP5, wassatthen!
    [22:20:26] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Next rupee bonus: 5 hrs, 39 mins, Vote for over 1k more!
    [22:20:26] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] "Play Your Way" Settings System! [Click Here]
    [22:20:26] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Vote Info: Last Vote: 5 hours, 28 minutes - Bonus: 148
    [22:20:26] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Vote: http://vote.emc.gs - (Voting now hides vote broadcasts)
    [22:20:26] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Earn Tokens, Rupees, More Residences, Unbreakable Armor,
    [22:20:26] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Tools and more by Voting each day and increasing Bonus!
    [22:20:26] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Voters Chest], [Voters Pickaxe], [Voters Shears], [Voters Fishing Rod] + more
    [22:20:26] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] NOTICE: We are not actually a 1.8 server yet! We are still on 1.7, so any 1.7 or 1.8 client can connect. The new recipes will not work!
    #
    # A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
    #
    # EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x07841b58, pid=5356, tid=3420
    #
    # JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (7.0_71-b14) (build 1.7.0_71-b14)
    # Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (24.71-b01 mixed mode windows-x86 )
    # Problematic frame:
    # C [ig7icd32.dll+0x321b58]
    #
    # Failed to write core dump. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of Windows
    #
    # An error report file with more information is saved as:
    # C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\hs_err_pid5356.log
    #
    # If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
    # http://bugreport.sun.com/bugreport/crash.jsp
    # The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
    # See problematic frame for where to report the bug.
    #
    AL lib: (EE) alc_cleanup: 1 device not closed

Second time i try to log in i get there, sometimes, fr a bit before being bounced out.
  5. WARNING: I am fully decommissioning one of the servers we have that was hosting the proxy server, and going to host the proxy on the server its currently running on for simplicity/cost reduction (and I have some other plans to run it over others transparently too)

If your DNS is cached, you may not be able to connect.

Please see: https://www.whatsmydns.net/flush-dns.html
    Or connect to temp.emc.gs
    sambish20 and NetherSpecter like this.
  6. I'm lagging pretty badly (like I have for the last few days), and lagging out sometimes even since the restart.
    There's like a 3-10 second delay when I type something for it to show up in chat.
  7. i have an idea but its going to be limited to few people for that issue.

When I get the final stages of changes in place you should be good then.
  8. Well, if you need to test I can keep stubbornly playing through the disconnects. :p
  9. Just fell out of the world in the End thanks to lag on the way to the Enderman farm (world disappeared beneath my feet, got disconnected, falling into void on reconnect) on SMP 5 and lost the following:

Protection 4, Unbreaking 3, Respiration 3, Aqua Affinity diamond helmet
    Protection 4, Unbreaking 3 diamond chestplate
    Protection 4, Unbreaking 3 diamond pants
    Protection 4, Unbreaking 3, Feather Falling 4 diamond boots
    Sharpness 5, Looting 3, Fire Aspect 2, Unbreaking 3 diamond sword
    Efficiency 5, Unbreaking 3, Silk Touch diamond pick
    Diamond helmet
    Diamond pants

Fantastic.

Really happy about this.
  10. Sorry to hear that. This has happened to me several times unfortunately. It is why I put most of my stuff in my ender chest so that I don't lose too much when / if it happens again.
  11. smp7 LIVE MAP is not updating wrt newly discovered territory. Black areas I crossed on Thursday are still black :(. Sorry if this problem has been previously reported, but I've been away for some months due to house-moving.
  12. The live map will not update unless there is a block update within the chunk. Simply walking through a chunk will not cause an update.
  13. It always used to otherwise you'd not get any map of water chunks and anyway there have been block updates within some of chunks
  14. It always used to - so now I've got to make some sort of block update in every chunk for it to show - tres annoying :mad: and what happens at sea then?
  15. Aikar had to change the way they work. The live maps are great resource drains and cause lag so modification was needed to make for better in-game performance (if I am understanding it correctly). There is a post about it but I cannot recall where it is.
    ZBSDKryten likes this.
  16. dynmap was found to be our biggest source of lag so i had to change its settings until author fixes it
    ZBSDKryten and sambish20 like this.
  17. SMP1 is crashing like every minute or so and horrible lag when your online. It's only smp1.
  18. If you want to see what is in the chunk, not that it is a good solution, but a lava bucket could do it. Not sure if a tile entity would work, but if so, a stack of lily pads. Otherwise you are stuck using a diving helmet.
    ZBSDKryten likes this.
  19. I reacted the same, but for some reason i like the new map setting to, extra challenge. and i think for watre. use a bucket, not tried it but that is a block update i think.
    ZBSDKryten likes this.
  20. am I the only one unable to connect right now?
    Andrewmoose likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.