Server Problems? Post Here!

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by JackBiggin, Feb 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Also its the same as when i use

1. smp7.emc.gs
  2. Try using play.emc.gs
  3. Just did, and its the same thing. "Unknown Host"
  4. The Live maps are not working for me either.
  5. Don't worry guys. I fixed it.
    kissthenerd likes this.
  6. I still cant connect..
  7. um, so the voting sites seem to not be reporting properly.. I would get on to see if my other votes reported but I am working on my english class at the moment.
  8. With all the problems going on atm it doesn't surprise me.
  9. So I just got on, felac and ozzy had theirs post about 90 minutes ago when I voted and I did topg and then minecraftservers.net when topg didn't report for me and neither of those posted for me
  10. Looks like the servers seem to be good now, sites loading a lot quicker too.
  11. why cant i get on the server still. still says cannot resolve host name
  12. I have noticed that Aikar has changed the DNS to Cloudflare(Yay no more 300ms resolves)
    The issue is that it takes time to propagate the internet and DNS servers of the world.

An easy fix is to open up the command prompt by typing Command in the search box in windows and opening up the command prompt
    Then simply typing "ipconfig /flushdns" this will take no more than a few seconds and you'll be able to connect.

[Alternatively you can run a 1 click .bat to do the same task (windows only) from ftp://joshyy.uk
    just_five_fun likes this.
  13. It looks like yes, things are working again.(mostly) I didn't speak with Aikar, but his last post was pretty late last night and he usually has work in the morning. He's going to need a day to recover from the stress/lack of sleep. I'm sure at some point he will make a post to fill us in on what has been happening.
  14. My game keeps saying the servers are unavailable, but when I clicked connect, it connected anyway...strange..
  15. Also, vote.emc.gs gives me an error: Error 1001 Ray ID: 17ddd820c77809ca

but empireminecraft.com/vote takes me there fine.
  16. EMC still down ? :eek::confused::( "Can't resolve hostname" its play.emc.gs right ?
    Ok, ipconfig /flushdns worked. good one !
  17. You will need to use ####.empireminecraft.com to connect (#### being the SMP) due to issues with emc.gs domain.
  18. ipconfig /flushdns is enough to gte it working.
    just_five_fun likes this.
  19. R.I.P. in peace, EMC. I'm gonna go stare wistfully at my EMC screenshots now... :(
  20. Seems smp1 has been running for some of us for a couple hours, at least.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.