Server Is Great But,

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by FoghornLeghorn, Dec 2, 2015.

?

Should You have to pay to talk in chat?

No Pay To Talk In chat. 16 vote(s) 80.0%
Pay To Talk in chat. 4 vote(s) 20.0%
  1. Well... Aikar do have a point... So does Shel... I mean, I guess people have the freedom of going wherever they want to.

So, if people want to spawn at the frontier... Nice!
    If people want to spawn at town... Nice too! It's their choices!

I guess Aikar is kinda right here though, if every single person who came into the server had a residence there wouldn't be any residences...

Now, we also gotta consider that not every single person that comes to EMC will just start as a "360 no scope MLG" pro player... I mean, when I first joined I was lost (that was a LONG time ago though and the new tutorial is absolutely WAY better).

Now, we gotta consider that SOME people don't actually read anything in the tutorial... So they just rush the tutorial and answer the tutorial questions and then "off we go!" (let's be honest, anyone with moral sense can answer that:D).

So, I guess it's everyone's fault... The players that don't read anything and the server that should inform 'em better.

Now look what I'm talking about.

I really can't see the big "WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU START IN TOWN" sign...
    IF I was a newbie I wouldn't know where to go...
    Anyways, I don't wanna be a buzz killer or anything but yeah... I really hope this issue can be handled as soon as possible... Also sorry if I said something wrong.
    607 and ShelLuser like this.
  2. Excuse me, it is not limited to 'fresh' players that are affected by that perk And if it comes to non-pro players starting here, they have very little chance to interact with the community once they left town.
  3. I never said if I was referring to new players or not. Haha :D
    No problem though, I got ya bro and I totally understand.
  4. Yes you did:
    and
  5. I don't know why we're still discussing this but anyways... It's pointless.
  6. Your first statement clearly encompasses new players.

If you want to further discuss this, feel free to pm me...
  7. I say, I say, what's the meaning of this rant here?!? lol I love the name!

8. I'll add something this afternoon that will go out with Aikar's next reboot to fix this issue. I agree, we should be more direct about that.
  9. I have always wondered why there was never a frontier chat channel. When you live in the frontier the only people you would ever talk to is other people that live in your frontier town. Being able to talk to other people in the frontier would make it a little less quiet in the chat all the time.
  10. I think that when the Empires and Land claims come out, there could be a small fix where you can have a chat channel for that outpost, and also be able to use town as well, but once you leave the protected area of the outpost, then you would not be able to use town or see it. Think of the outpost as if it was in town....
  11. Awesome! Thanks Krysyy, I knew you would come to this thread eventually. :D
  12. I wish I could like this post like a million times, Twitch.. :oops: ..Harvest Moon has been one of my favorite game franchises since the SNES, I also like LotRK (Soooo... Much... Fishing....) which is also by Natsume.. Harvest Moon has also spawned other similar games such as "Innocent Life: a Futuristic Harvest Moon" (PSP), Rune Factory (PS3, NDS (iirc), and 3DS) (Which is kinda like Harvest Moon with a little bit of Final Fantasy mixed in), and the Newest game (and first HM without the series title) Story of Seasons (3DS) (This is known because it has the HM flagship name in Japan, Bokujō Monogatari). Its always fun to be sitting on the couch playing HM or RF or a similar game on my DS and someone walks in and asks what I am doing and I simply reply Farmin'.. :p

While I do not like combat games myself, I grew up playing Unreal Tournament and Quake.. So I tend to be good at compensation for playing similar games, but tend to stay mostly away from them unless I am totally stressed or frustrated.. Hence why I play Saints Row, Skyrim, Killing Floor, APB and a few other games, Killing Floor aside (Which was only gotten so that I could play with a few friends on), I am not playing these game for the combat.. In fact, on APB, 95% of the time that I am playing on my crim, I do not ready up and just drive around stealing cars and smashing storefront to fence items, but that stems from accusations of hacking on my part because of my compensation skills for the game based off the base engine APB was built in, Unreal I think, I am a vicious sniper and can hit from the max range of view and people do not like that.

Most combat related games that I do play anyways, I end up with the sniper related guns or weapons (eg. bows) and pick off enemies from range. That being said more often than not, I am actually playing these combat related games for the Story. Like any other RPGer, I love immersive storylines, ones that can draw you into them and make you happy, sad, mad, cry... etc. APB has a fragmented storyline, but one none the less.. Even Killing Floor has a loose storyline.

Not that I am trying to glorify combat games, and I completely understand why you do not enjoy them, myself because of the chaos in my life, sometimes find the chaos of the combat-related games that I do play therapeutic myself really, which is also why I also frequented another MC server besides this one that was a "prison" server, because of sometimes wanting that random chaotic PVP aspect that EMC did not have long ago.. :oops: ..and just a question of inquiry, would you be interested in trying out Final Fantasy 14, Twitch? Its an extremely lovely game with beautiful music and an excellent storyline that is very emotive. I can generate an invite code for you if you are interested, it grants a special XP item that increases your XP gain until a specific level.. :) ..And I believe that the invite codes work with the free trial version of the game..
  13. I would love to try it out, but if it is an MMORPG, I am out of luck for a while still.. Internet at home only lasts about 10 hours after a reset on the monthly allowance. (Satellite Internet) -- my sister blasts through the monthly allowance using Hulu with no regard for everyone else here, especially my parents who pay the $80/month fee.
    They intend to switch to DishNet for the 50GB/50GB plan that doesn't throttle basic internet use like this crappy HughesNet does. That might just be enough to finally play some MMORPGs again. :) I wanted to try the new Elder Scrolls Online even if it isn't the greatest. ;)
    Kyzoy and autumnrain26 like this.
  14. Well, I can't edit my post because of the connection issues...
    I was going to point out that I am a huge fan of Western's (Games and Movies) and especially all medieval combat games - Dragon Age, Elder Scrolls, Final Fantasy to name just a few right away. I have always had a fondness for Starcraft (+ Brood War), Warcraft III, Diablo 1 & 2, and my steam library is full of games from Indie developers. I especially like the Avernum games. :)
    autumnrain26 likes this.
  15. Please keep the thread on topic

After the global town chat was only available to staff members it became available to normal players that support. Maybe we will see a change again in the future where it will be available to everybody.

I think it would be a good idea, because it could balance the amount of players to chat with for people staying in the wild. It would be a great help for wild communities to stay connected with the smp-towns and for individuals to not feel too isolated when they happen to be online but none of their community is.
    JesusPower2 likes this.
  16. You must not understand how the community forums work -- once a rant/complaint/goodbye thread has run it's course, it is then derailed into a general discussion post.
    This particular post has been replied to, discussed and outright overly explained.
    Although I don't post often, I usually post giant walls of text which typically delineate from the OP after speaking on the specific subject into a more broad topic. Such is my character.
    Although I understand the sentiment about remaining on-topic, I disagree with your request. If we had crossed any lines of the general community standards then any number of the staff would have locked the thread already.
    As long as these discussions do not devolve into flame wars or sensitive topics of discussion they are typically allowed to run their course. Some have gotten to over 80 pages of random discussion before being shut down for one reason or another.

However, autumnrain26 and I will take our personal discussion to private messaging if anything more is to be discussed about our off-topic discussion within a personal context.

If Staff decides the majority of my post should be in its own OP, I would gladly appreciate having it moved for me as my internet connection is going to be atrocious for another 17 days, 13 hours and 14 minutes and it took me over 5 minutes to get the quote function to work for writing this post...
    607 and Kyzoy like this.
  17. Just because staff doesn't intervene doesn't mean it is polite to derail a thread.

If the thread is dead, don't bump it with off-topic messages. All people interested will get the alarm and then need to read a wall of text to figure out it has nothing to do with the topic. This is basic netiquettte.

Also, who talks about staff? I made a simple, polite request to stay on-topic. That doesn't mean staff needs to edit or close this thread. If it was so far people would have reported the posts in questions.
    JesusPower2 likes this.