Selling Flags

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by blehmann1, Mar 8, 2014.

?

Do you like this idea?

Poll closed Mar 8, 2018.
Yes 10 vote(s) 23.3%
No 25 vote(s) 58.1%
Undecided 8 vote(s) 18.6%
  1. ^you know you can just edit posts instead of making three separate ones with a sentence
  2. This is exactly what the current system is designed to do. Signs won't work with animals/villagers because they can walk away, a res is a defined area with permissions controlled by flags. It was a solid solution to a complex coding problem.

It really doesn't matter if it's signs or flags, the issue in question is selling the permission, not if it's a flag or sign.
  3. That's true, those people on twitter indeed won't change anything.
  4. But they have, social media is a valuable tool for activists. When everything happened in Cairo, Egypt last year, the reason it got all the buzz was cuz o` the guys on social media, like twitter.
  5. Social media brings things to people's attentions faster than normal, but it plays little part in actually producing a different outcome.
    OrangeDuck607 likes this.
  6. Completely false, the ammount of things it `as changed is uncountable, simple as that, `specially w/ business`s mainly cuz they`d rather u didn`t complain `bout them, hurts profits.
  7. Present some evidence for your claim. Some real evidence, not incorrect economic assumptions.
    Cchiarell6914 and PandasEatRamen like this.
  8. Sorry to pitch in but in the world of business there are a lot of people trying to profit from other peoples stupidity. A scamer could buy a ton of shares in a worthless company then go on several websites (including twitter if he wishes) and say's how great this stock is and how much he thinks it will go up. A lot of people want to make money easy and without work so they see this post as someone who did his research and not as someone who is trying to make a profit. They invest in the company making the price of the stock go up then the scamer sells all his shares for profit leaving people with worthless shares. This is known as the pump and dump strategy. Soooo yup :D
  9. So you are suggesting that Blehmann is trying to sell us Twitter stock?
  10. >.> I was mainly referencing "movements" and such haha. :p
    Mirr0rr likes this.
  11. Nope, still would have made it to the news station anyway. Social media may spread things slightly faster, but like I said, it has little affect on the actual outcome. Bring some "evidence" where social media had an impact on the outcome, not just speeding up the delivery.
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  12. That dude wouldn`t a` been caught if it weren`t for whatever place he was uploading that pic to.

If you read the article you`ll also notice that Air Canada agreed to pay a requested amount, That is what I`m talking about, they settled it outside of court, b-cuz they did not want the publicity. That is not speeding the outcome, that`s changing it.
  13. If they negotiated a settlement via a social media site, I don't want to live on this planet anymore. There were lawyers, and lawyers are actually professional.
    samsimx likes this.
  14. if you selling such things as
    shear flag i would call this a member ship, if you clearly state and have a disclaimer that when they "buy" this flag that its not life time and the res may at some point in time be changed and their member ship void, i would say go ahead but be warned. you can be banned if the above is not followed.

All information must be clearly stated.

When i was talking to you, you generaized everything and never once mentioned an example. EMC doesnt encourage selling of perms but in the event of some one claiming "scamm" and you have failed to have a disclaimer in place it can fall back on you.

I would suggest upon setting up a member ship "selling of a flag" contact a staff member and confirm with them that you have all basic point covered before selling any "member ship" this way you have prof that you had the disclaimer up before selling any flags and would be less likely to get in trouble

~disclaimer~
    -res may be reset at anytime if you get banned and or go derlict
    -refunds" what ever policy you wish to have on it "within reason"
    - rules of the farm and any other info you wish to inclued along with it

contact a staff and have them give it a go over be you start selling you pers " memberships"
    OrangeDuck607, jkjkjk182 and samsimx like this.
  15. That is irrelevant, they settled it out of court because of the buzz it got, and they didn`t want more. In a way you are actually agreeing with me. Your argument is saying nothing, and is thus completely irrelevant, social media changed the outcome, your argument doesn`t even talk about that. Next time, make a decent argument. Please. :)
  16. Lets talk about flags, rather than social media selling courty stuffs. :)
  17. Fine, but I`m still right, what you wanna talk `bout?
  18. Shouldn't you be revising for your exams, young hamster? :cool: