Residence Next To Husband, Please.

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by CruellestSKY, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Hello, I just started and I was wondering if maybe you could help me? Currently i have a residence on server smp 3. My husband, CruellestEARTH, when he started got his on server smp 1. Currently right now, the plot next to him is vacant, number 849. My request, to any one who can help, is if you may switch my current residence to the vacant one on server smp 1, plot 849. I do understand that if it is taken before you read this, could you please at the very least, switch me to server smp 1.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  2. Im coming on to help u
  3. Okay. stand on the res on smp1 then go to /smp3 and make sure you have everything you want off of it. Chest, tools, ect.. then and type /res unclaim click confirm and then go to /smp1 and type /claim on that res you want.
  4. Awesome. Thanks alot Folks. This is a great Server, and Community. Thank you everyone who helped.
    I wish commercial customer service was as fast.
  5. Welcome to Empire Minecraft, where the majority of us seriously cares for helping out others having fun too.
  6. Note that this method is extremely expensive and, while it would allow you to keep everything intact, comes at a high cost, so if you don't have too much on your res, consider the option below.

As others have said, sadly the only other way to move is really to tear down and take away EVERYTHING ON YOUR RES THAT YOU WANT, put it in your Vault, do /res unclaim on your current Residence (note that this will COMPLETELY RESET THE RES, KILLING ALL ITEMS THERE), go to /smp1 and do /claim on the residence you want, where you can rebuild using the items from your Vault.

However, I do know that's a big pain, if you've built a lot or got a lot of items in storage (if not, great!), so I will tell you that EMC is very connected serverwide, and even though not having your residences right next to each other isn't the absolutely ideal situation, you can still give each other the build permissions and the communication needed to make them feel like home for both of you. :)
  7. hash: what about the senior staff movement? got lazy there? ;)
    UltiPig and Equinox_Boss like this.
  8. smooth ;)

He did mention that, that's what my quoted post was about :)
  9. I can't help wonder what massive build a 6 hour player (time of writing) can have build to get that kind of massive warning. Seems a bit overdone to me. But hey; that's probably just me :p
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  10. If I could I would, but our policy states that you need to have an open residence to move the res to, and since they only have one residence slot, they cannot possible have two residences at once.

Misinterpreted some early info. My mistake, sorry about that. You do NOT need an open res to take advantage of this service, but you will need the significant rupee amount (which I doubt a newbie would have, sadly) and would also unclaim the old res. The limit applies to people who were supporters in the past and now have excess residences. :)

And the warning was extreme precisely BECAUSE they are new. While an older member might understand residence workings, I want to make sure that there's no misunderstanding since they haven't dealt with the process before; this way they should absolutely know what's going to happen due to said commands and won't find themselves unhappily surprised.
  11. Sorry Hash, this one is on me. And a bit of a foul on my part but it hit a nerve. Sorry, this is my bad. Last night on smp2: player asks how to go home, everyone says /home. Poor guy seemed to be totally lost. He was from smp4 ("aya territory") but it didn't stop there. He had a friend on smp5 who he'd like to be with.

Long story cut short: we moved him from 4 to 5. It just bothered me a little that everyone yelled /home and no one bothered to do /res list. That same feel came up here again, I dunno. Uncalled for in this case, sorry Hash.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  12. The amount of Residences claimed must be less than or EQUAL to your max residence limit. Use /res in-game to look at your max residence limit.

sorry i had to cap it, im in phone so i cant color it

I think you can... i mean 2 days ago i moved my 1st res to another place while having 4/4 reses( which would be the same case as having 1/1 reses)
  13. You are right, and I apologize. I misunderstood some information during my SS Service training and resulted in misinterpreting the guidelines. Thank you for correcting me. Adjusting original post now. :)