(Rant?) Sims 4, thoughts?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Caeyde, Aug 7, 2014.

1. I know there are a few people interested in this game, including myself. When the first few trailers came out, I was practically 100% sure I was going to pre-order the Digital Deluxe. But now, Im not really so sure :s
    I mean, there's so much stuff missing in the base game that I love.... I'm sure even if you're not following it much, you know there's going to be no toddlers and no pools. Really, I'm not really that interested in pools, I never have been. But toddlers.... That's a big part. Having the babies just age up into children, it's not really natural at all. There's really not much communication or bonding without the toddler stage.
    There's a lot more things missing, pretty big things, but I'll be here all day mentioning them all
    Things that matter most to me that are gone:
    - Create a Style, I love making my own colours of clothes, since I love to make my friends and what clothes they wear, but now if there isn't the certain colour I want in the game, there isn't much I can do.
    - A LOT of jobs have been removing, including the police force, hospitals, schools, and more
    - No workplaces or schools, you can't see them at all. They just... go into the void
    - Teens, young adults, adults and elders partially all look the same. Same height, all look like the same age...
    - No custom hair, all one set colour
    -Completely flat lots, no slight hills or bumps (which might count as good?)
    - Worlds are so small!

The main things Sims 4 is trying to do is focus on the actual sims, making them as customisable as possible, making them have their own personalities and emotions. I think they have the emotions covered, done pretty well really. But I don't understand how they hope to have customisation when we're made to use a certain set of colours for our sims. I feel like there's a limit to what you can do, which I'm not a huge fan of

But I'm not really here to say all the bad things, obviously there's good things

They've put a lot of time into emotions and stories, most of the trailers are focused on emotions so far. My favorite one is probably:

But there's this one as well:

I'm not really sure what I think about the emotions, they look good, yeah, and it makes it easier to see how your sims are feeling, ok, but...eh? If you're playing on a higher, faster speed while you're waiting for your sims to get back from work, they aren't really much use then.

There's been a fair amount of negative feedback for the graphics, but I quite like them

It looks a bit like clay in a weird way, but I think it looks pretty nwn

The new Exchange looks very good, easy to share and easy to access. Putting whatever you choose straight into your game is very good in my opinion, practically no loading. Which is wonderful. Also, with it being direct in the base game more people will have access to it so more content will be on there, in theory

(Adding more as it becomes relevant to me)

I'm not really sure what to think about the Sims 4 really
    I want to get it, but I don't want to get it....
    What do you think?

Sources:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/759976.page
    http://honeywellsims4news.tumblr.com/
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheSims
  2. Not mentioning any names, but I do believe one of the senior art technicians (or something of the sorts) of Sims 4 is a fairly active member here on EMC...
  3. princebee, AlexChance and mba2012 like this.
  4. Didn't see that coming! First simcity 4, and now the sims 4? Interesting. I watched all the trailers and it looked pretty good. The sims really isn't my thing though, I'll always prefer simcity. But reading your profile I thought you were excited about it?
    She posted there, so I'm pretty sure she read it :rolleyes:
  5. I still am quite excited about it, but not as much as I was. I'm waiting for the Create a Sim demo to come out next week, so I can decide whether I want to pre-order the full version or not. But really the CAS looks like the only improved thing right now
  6. What other games in the series did you play? (from how you're talking I assume you played at least one other sims game)
  7. I played a Sims game quite a few years ago on the DS Lite, I think it was Sims Pets. I've got Sims 3 and 3 expansion packs. Sims Freeplay on my phone and Sims Pets for 3DS (sister's game, but we both play it). I've got the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection also
    607 likes this.
  8. I don't know how I feel about Sims 4, I know I'm going to get it at some point because I have every sim. I'm really upset about create-a-style because like Alice said
    I love making certain colors and textures that matched my sims. I also love the way the real-time neighborhood, it made having many active families in a town manageable
    AliceF3 and 607 like this.
  9. I also liked the 'old' towns, they were big but you practically knew where everybody was and what they were doing without much trouble

I personally don't like the look of the new neighborhoods, they're too small, or at least that's how it looks from the few pictures/videos. They all apparently have a park and such, but still. It's like many small squares with different bits with loading screens in each. My opinion on the new neighbourhoods is open to change though, since there really hasn't been any coverage on them
  10. Don't worry, EA will sell all the missing features through micro transactions and DLC, yay!
  11. They're hinting at putting the pools and toddlers in future expansion packs, which Im saying a big "no" to already
  12. Wow, my random guess is more accurate then I thought. EA is so predictable...
  13. I like the modern design of The Sims 4
  14. Haha, i used to play sims a lot on my pc but i stopped playing it for some reason, oh yh EMC came out so since then i havent played it hows the new one?
  15. EA is basically a team designed to

first : preorder the game which seems good.

second: suck you into the game but you're hungry for more.

third: gets you homeless using the "expansion packs" which are just "missing feature and unneeded stuff".

fourth: get showered in money.

-_-
    snow_freak likes this.
  16. the sims 2 with all the expansion packs is free on origin if anybody didn't know
  17. Really? Sorry, but that sounds a little suspicious...
  18. Okay, I'll check it out...